𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓♆

Andy woke up that morning and honestly did not want to get out of bed.

It was the first day of training and she did not want to leave her comfortable bed, it was so full of warmth and comfortableness, but if she got out of the bed, she had to see all these people she didn't want to see, except her brother.

Reluctantly, she got out of bed with a groan and got dressed, they all had to wear the same training clothes.

She walked out of the room and saw everyone sitting at the table for breakfast, surprisingly Finnick stayed silent when she entered.

Her brother greeted her with a smile "Hey... Did you sleep well?"

"I slept fine brother, don't worry" She responded and gave him a quick smile.

She sat down and immediately began feasting on the food her brother had put on her plate.

Everyone was silent as they ate, clearly a little tense. Everyone was nervous on the first day of training and they sure as hell showed it.

After what felt like an eternity, Finnick instructed "The only thing I can help you with today is giving you advice, don't show of all your skills. You should save that when you have to show it to the game-makers. Now I have a question for you two, will you be trying to join the career pack."

The sibling duo shared looks and spoke up in sync "No."

"Okay. Well good luck with today and have a nice training" Finnick told them one last time, before he stood up and walked out of the room.

Mags stood up as well and gave them both quick kisses on the head while signing 'Good luck'

After finishing up, Caspian and Andy both made their way to the training ground. Before they entered, Andy grabbed Caspian's shaking hands and gave it a reassuring squeeze, he smiled at her and she smiled back before entering.

Everyone was standing in groups, district with district from 1 to 12. Caspian and Andy stood next to district 3 and Andy quickly scanned the place, she searched for the survival stations and she searched for a weapon she would want to use.

Caspian didn't do that, instead he scanned the other tributes. Now he could get a good look at them without all the excessive clothing and makeup, he immediately noticed the cocky stance district 1 and 2 had while the others were more nervous and fidgety.

The head trainer stands infront of them as he says "In two weeks, 23 of you will be dead. One of you will be alive. Who that is depends on how well you pay attention over the next four days, particularly to what I'm about to say. First, no fighting with the other tributes. You'll have plenty of time for that in the Arena. There are four compulsory exercises, and then the rest will be individual training. My advice is don't ignore the survival skills. Everybody wants to grab a sword, but most of you will die from natural causes. 10% from infection, 20% from dehydration. Exposure can kill as easily as a knife."

Both Caspian and Andy noticed the robotic tone in his voice, like it was burned in his brain and if he slipped up, he would lose his tongue.

Everyone starts going to station and start training. They both share a look and Andy knows that she is the one who is supposed to go to the survival stations to learn that while Caspian trains at the fighting stations.

Andy looks to the stations and notices a sort of painting station, she walks over and grabs some parchment and a black sort of paint. When she and her brother were searching at home for the best hidden training place, they would use a homemade paint as marker. Red was if the place was unsafe and black if it was the right space. Also if they ever lost they're way back, they made symbols with hidden meanings to find the way.