- 9 - Friendships

When Mark's manager had asked him if he wanted to be a guest host for weekly idol he was sceptic at first.

"What group is it?" he'd asked him.

"NCT GG," the manager said casually. "I mean since they're your junious it would fit great" he proceeded when Mark's face lit up.

"I'll do it," he said. Mark was supposed to have a day off, but then he thought of how funny it had been last time with Seoah and Sera. He also knew Naeun well so it should be a fun experience.

"Great, it'll be your and Jaehyun then" their manager announced before heading off.

Of course Jaehyun would agree to that. He and Naeun were pretty much like siblings.

***

"So before we continue with the next segment, can I just ask something?" Kwanghee wondered and looked very curious as he glanced between the girls and the boys.

They'd finished with the hidden talents and the girls had just danced through their title track and gotten some praises. Jaehyun hadn't held back his brotherly critique towards Naeun though, although he said it in a friendly but teasing way, like a brother. Anyone watching the two of them would understand that they knew each other since before.

"What is it you wonder?" Naeun asked Kwanghee with a warm smile.

"How well do you all know each other?" he asked.

Jaehyun let out a grin as he felt pointed out.

"So I practically grew up in the company" Naeun explained to him. "Jaehyun has always been like an annoying older brother to me, but I know pretty much everyone in all of SM town" she added.

"You know Enhyuck too?" Kwanghee asked about his co-host.

"I know Enhyuck too" she confirmed with a nod.

"You see, NCT are her brothers, EXO her uncles, Shinee her dads, and Super Junior and TVXQ are her grandpas" Seoah explained. "Then Aespa are her sisters, Red Velvet are the cool aunts and so were F(X), while Girls Generation are her mothers and BoA her grandma" she added.

"That's quite the family tree," Kwanghee said and looked amazed.

"Yeah so don't you dare mess with my sister" Jaehyun warned to the camera.

"I think you're exaggerating it a bit," Naeun said a bit shyly.

"They're not though," Mirae said with a shrug.

"So what about the rest of you?" Kwanghee then asked.

"I've seen them all when I've passed by to check up on Naeun and in the corridors, but I haven't really had any real conversations with the rest of them" Jaehyun admitted.

"I of course also know Naeun" Mark revealed. "Though I've interacted with all of them more or less before. All of NCT Dream went to congratulate them on the day of their debut, then I've run into some of them on other occasions too, quite literally, one of them at least" he continued and as he spoke his face shifted gradually from neutral to a frown.

He also saw Naeun hiding a snort at the last part. Mark himself found it funny too. Who even thinks like that? Oh, I ran into some trouble, shit, let's take the trouble with me!

It was even funnier because despite it not being his first ever encounter with the girl, but his third, this encounter gave him his first real impression of the greatly spoken upon Park Seoah. Not only was Jisung always talking about how awesome she was, everyone in the company seemed to know who she was and respect her rapping skills.