Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

    Ning Qiu anxiously looked at the clock in front of her.

    The time has slowly pointed to eleven o'clock.

    Usually at this time, even if Zhao Hezhi hasn't arrived home yet, he should be on his way home.

    At the same time, according to the other party's rigorous attitude like reporting good morning and good night, he shouldn't...

    Ning Qiu frowned, looking at the message sent by his brain ten minutes ago:

    "Are you back?" '

    Currently, this message is still unread.

    Ning Qiu took a deep breath, and couldn't help reconfirming the information he had just gained.

    After accurately searching the three suspected concubines and five close officials in the palace, she couldn't find any clues about the person under surveillance. After Ning Qiu even suspected that the system had made a mistake in detecting the face, this happened suddenly. The result came out.

    Ning Qiu opened it with excitement and nervousness—the

    gentle and dignified Queen was smiling at herself.

    Ning Qiu: ...

    What is black under the lamp? This is black under the lamp!

    Don't look at Her Royal Highness, who is as beautiful as a finely carved paper man, but I didn't expect that the heart would be black when broken.

    Ning Qiu was shocked and confirmed several times that the other party's candidate was correct, and then heaved a long sigh, thinking that he would wait until Zhao Hezhi came back to share the known information with him.

    Unexpectedly, this wait was more than an hour.

    Ning Qiu's hands and feet were going to be stiff, and when she was thinking about whether she should stand up from her seat and do gymnastics to move her limbs, the door lock finally rang.

    She almost jumped off the chair and hurriedly rushed from the kitchen to the entrance.

    The person who came was indeed Zhao Hezhi. He had already changed from the military uniform he was wearing when he had a video with her in the morning, and put on a slim coat. At this time, his blond hair was still stained with the cold frost brought by the night wind.

    After hearing her voice, Zhao Hezhi looked up at her.

    The moment he saw her clearly, the corners of the blond Omega's mouth seemed to rise unconsciously. His voice was tired, but his eyes were still gentle:

    "Haven't you slept yet?"

    Ning Qiu himself wanted to tell him that he found it. However, after seeing the smile on the other party's face, she felt somewhat reluctant.

    She sighed in a half-truth: "Isn't it because you can't come back and fall asleep?"

    Because of the plug-in that can sense Omega emotions, she can feel that Zhao Hezhi today is different from usual. Although he is as tired as ever, But today's mood is tinged with another kind of gloom.

    However, on the surface, the tall and thin man just looked down at her gently, and after hearing her words, he seemed a little surprised. He thought for a while and said,

    "Afterwards, it should be earlier."

    Ning Qiu didn't want to ask any more questions . What the other party meant, she stretched out her hand in a leisurely manner: