Chapter 41: Implode

⚠️ chapter warnings ⚠️
🚨 traumatic events
🚨child abuse
🚨domestic abuse
🚨sexual abuse/assault/râpe
🚨underage drinking
🚨 insinuated sex crimes

23.7k words.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Thank you to everyone for your unending patience 😭 I KNOW this has been a long time coming. Unfortunately, once I moved, life got all too hectic and writing became nearly impossible. (It didn't help that I was trying to keep up with the manga and keep things as canon compliant as possible, and given newer canon content I was no longer able to do so, and it made it that much harder.) plus my silly little shipping brain got in the way of things because bkdk brain rot lol >.< BUT FINALLY.

I AM HERE.

I hope this chapter is well received, especially because its own contents were QUITE difficult to write given the changing perspectives, writing styles, graphic and somewhat disturbing events, etc. so I hope I've done it justice 🤞🏻

I love you all! Please remember to vote on chapters you've enjoyed. Also! Don't be afraid with them comments so I can gather the motivation to keep this trajectory a'flowin 😅

And without further ado...

Years ago; Kaida's POV
...when she was still Luna...

***

"My little Luna Laguna, can you show Papa what you let Mommy see earlier?"

I only a little bit heard what Papa just said 'cause the good cartoons are on and I really wanna finish my dinner sammich and cereal...but...wait, no, what if he needs me!?

Papa never needs me!

He says I gotta show him my new quirk. I finally got it just today!

Momma said it was a secret earlier...but I guess maybe she told and...oh, whatever, how exciting! I'm so happy that Papa is maybe excited too! Papa is never excited, he's always so grumpy.

But I love my quirk! And so does Momma! I hope Papa does too. It's new and fun and cool and I'm gonna use it all the time! Papa's gonna be so proud of me an' my quirk!

"Oh yes! Yes, Papa! Here I come! You have to watch!"

I'm so excited to show Papa. Momma was so happy when I showed her. I...I think...But maybe scared. I don't know why Momma would be scared, though. But Momma does get scared a lot...especially when Papa is grumpy and sometimes I get an icky feeling in my tummy whenever Momma looks scared and I don't like that one bit. Momma always knows things, so if she gets scared, there must be a big reason and I have to protect her always.

But my quirk isn't dangerous! Oh, Papa is still waiting!

"Watch, Papa! You have to watch!"

I think he said he's watching...but I have to be sure!

"Papa, make sure you watch! Are you watching?"

I hope he's watching.

"Watch, Papa!"

"Shush, child, I'm watching. Hurry up, now. Papa doesn't have all day. You can do it."