Chapter 11: Casual

"Shitty Hair, where the fuck are you?" Bakugou called as he slammed through the front door of the hero agency.

"Back here!" The redhead replied from inside a conference room across the foyer where he and Mina were gathered with a few other heroes and sidekicks discussing the day's agenda.

They had just finished their morning meeting and everyone was dispersing throughout the room to pack their gear to get ready to head out for patrols. The ash-blonde stomped through the wooden double-doors aggressively and marched toward where the two heroes stood near their lockers with a scowl etched into his features and his fists clenched at his sides.

"What happened?" Mina barked as she placed a hand on her hip upon seeing the ash-blonde coming their way. "Why aren't you all hearts and rainbows today? What'd you do?" Her eyes tightened accusingly in the angry hero's direction.

"What the fuck do you mean? I didn't fucking do anything!" Bakugou yelled back as he approached them, fuming.

"Well, maybe that's the problem, then!" Mina shouted an octave higher, tossing her hands in the air before abruptly placing them both on her waist and jutting her hip out.

"Wait, no, I don't mean like-ugh! Shut up!"

"Hey, hey, hey," Kirishima pleaded, attempting to diffuse the escalating situation as he placed a hand on both of their shoulders. "We are at work. Let's keep it down a notch, yeah?" He glanced around at the other heroes in the room who seemed to be purposefully trying to ignore the drama as they all hurried to leave. Everyone expected Bakugou to yell but when he and Mina both went at it they all did their best to avoid them.

Bakugou scoffed, folding his arms across his chest as he turned his face away from the two heroes, jerking out from under Kirishima's touch while Mina continued to scowl at the sour blonde.

"Why are you even here?" The pink-skinned female hissed quieter now as she crossed her arms over her chest. Kirishima's eyes darted between the two while also waiting for Bakugou's response.

"To get your mission done faster, obviously!" The ash-blonde's scowl faltered momentarily, hinting at another emotion hiding beneath his forced expression.

"But why?" Mina barked back, suspicion lacing her voice.

"I...Well," he stammered before continuing annoyedly, "I-If you're going to be late tonight then that puts Kaida more at risk, so since you half-wits can't seem to get anything done quick enough, I'll show you how a real hero takes care of shit."

"Uh-huh, sure," Mina lifted a skeptical eyebrow toward the ash blonde. "And why are you not sleeping to prepare for your actual hero shift this evening, hm?" The yellow-eyed female's head bobbed sassily the entire time she spoke.

"He, apparently, slept already," Kirishima interjected, also crossing his arms over his chest as he turned to stand beside Mina, shooting his own skeptical glance in the ash-blonde's direction as the rest of the other heroes and sidekicks quickly exited the conference room.

Bakugou whipped his head back and forth between the two, "What is this, an interrogation??"

"Maybe," Mina harshly replied, "Slept how, huh? Slept in your car? Sounds like pretty shitty guard duty if you're just sleepin' in your car instead of keeping an eye out for villains." Her eyebrows lifted at the end of her sentence as she pressured him for an answer.

"Ugh, for fuck's sake!" Bakugou threw his hands up in vexation before pacing back and forth for a moment. He stopped again and pinched the bridge of his nose. A defeated, yet angry, sigh escaped his lips and he shook his head before continuing, "Look, I had it under control and I'm not fucking here to gossip. I'm here to help you out, be goddamn grateful!"