LOVELY

❝ Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back

❝ Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At a touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet ❞ ──── Plato.

EXTENDED SUMMARY

     The life of a Greek demigod was never meant to be lovely. It's carved in stone that one's life would be miserable until they die in the most tragic way anyone could imagine ── from being cursed by the gods or losing their sanity and killing everyone they've ever loved ── but Maia Diaz stupidly was one to believe this would change. People would say that was insanely naive. . .but she was just twelve years old at the time. And a brave one at that. She had been just seven years old when her and three other demigods just like her ran away through half of the country for a safe place to live. Camp Half-Blood is what they called it, the only safe place on Earth for people like her.

     There had been a few repercussions on their way there ( some that she still had nightmares about and others that she liked to tell as bedtime stories to her cabin mates ) but in the 5 years she's spent there, no other situation like that ever happen. And it was getting boring. Maia wanted to be out in the world, fight monsters and complete quests that not even Heracles was strong enough to finish. She wanted to prove to all of the gods she prayed to every night to value her and recognize her strength, but the opportunity never seemed to come her way.

     But that all changed when a stupid, stupid ── did I already say he was stupid? ── boy Percy Jackson came to camp and turned her entire life upside down ( she wasn't still sure if in the good way or a bad way yet). He seemed to be getting everything Maia ever wanted in her life in just his short staying at camp and that infuriated her. Why was he taking away everything she's ever worked for? Why was he so annoying while doing it? Those were all kinds of questions she asked herself from the moment she met him, but that didn't stop her from following after him and fighting side by side with him; being able to see how he became the so admired hero he would be in the future.

     The bond between Maia Diaz and Percy Jackson would become a classical Greek story people would be talking about for generations. From the impeccable way they would know each other's battle move without speaking a word to each other to the way they met. But their connection wasn't always this way and their closest friends can confirm that. The original story was far from romantic, but just as lovely.

Δ