iii. Normal Day in Camp Half-Blood

CHAPTER THREE ( normal day in camp half-blood )

CHAPTER THREE
( normal day in camp half-blood )

     WORD TRAVELS FAST in Camp Half-Blood ( I know this fact due to personal experience ), so the majority already knew what had happened inside the bathroom stalls not even five minutes after it had happened

     WORD TRAVELS FAST in Camp Half-Blood ( I know this fact due to personal experience ), so the majority already knew what had happened inside the bathroom stalls not even five minutes after it had happened. Wherever we went, campers pointed at Percy and murmured something about toilet water. Or maybe they were just staring at Annabeth and I, since we were still dripping wet.

     We showed him the last places that were left to show, including the metal shop, the arts-and-crafts room, and the climbing wall, which actually consisted of two facing walls that shook violently, dropped boulders, sprayed lava and clashed together if you didn't get to the top fast enough. Finally we returned to the lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.

     "We've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly. "Dinner's at seven thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall."

     "Annabeth, Maia, I'm sorry about the toilets."

    "Water under the bridge," I replied, but then cringed at my bad choice of words. "Sorry."

     "It wasn't my fault."

     Annabeth and I exchanged a look between ourselves, something we did often. It was a way of communicating our thoughts without having someone hear us, and based on the look behind her stormy grey eyes, it seemed like she did want to blame Percy for what happened inside the stalls. I wasn't that sure, the least I knew is that he didn't do it on purpose. I was still skeptical beforehand of who his parent might be, but after that stunt, I had a nice guess.

     "You need to talk to the Oracle," Annabeth blurted out.

     "Who?"

     "Not 'who'. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron."

     I noticed two teenage girls sitting cross-legged at the base of the pier, about five meters below. They wore blue jeans and shimmering green T-shirts, and their brown hair floated loose around their shoulders as minnows darted in and out. They smiled and waved in their usual nature, and Percy, not having a single clue of what they were, waved back.