ii. Welcoming the Newbie

CHAPTER TWO( welcoming the newbie )

CHAPTER TWO
( welcoming the newbie )

BEING PART OF THE APOLLO cabin included the amazing (please note my sarcasm) job of working in the infirmary, since he is also the god of medicine and some of us have abilities that make the job easier to other campers from different cabins

     Oh! Did I forget to mention that demigods are able to inherit their parent's abilities? Silly me, must've slipped my mind. Well, if you're about to ask yourself if I have any type of ability, don't worry about your pretty head. I'm about to tell you. I'm part of the group that has healing powers, one's that make my hair glow as I use it. Pretty cool, huh? Wrong. It's totally inconvenient, since my energy is drained after using it. Thanks a lot, Dad. Most abilities are like that, but not all. You have to be completely lucky to still be standing on your two feet after using your ability.

Anyway, since last night a boy was found unconscious on the entrance of camp, I was told to bring him to the infirmary until he was nursed back to health. Grover Underwood, another friend of mine, who was also a satyr, had been admitted into the infirmary too, him being found right beside the mysterious boy. I remembered the last words I heard Annabeth say before we both dragged the boy inside, and I could recall the familiar glint behind Chiron's eyes. This was the boy Chiron had been watching for the last couple months – maybe he could also be the answer to the prophecy.

It was my turn to watch over the unconscious boy since I had swapped duty with Molly, and I hoped it would be a lot more interesting than this. I spent my time in the infirmary grimacing in disgust at the trail of drool that escaped the boy's mouth with every second he passed asleep. As more time went by, I couldn't help but notice the slight similarity between him and the boy from my recurring dream, though that conspiracy was brushed off. It was too quick and it didn't make any sense – Annabeth would've probably called me paranoid if I told her about it.

Suddenly, I heard some movement from the cot and  saw the boy's eyes open. I dared to ask, "What will happen at the summer solstice?"

He managed to croak a tiny, "What?"