Stray Kids Antics

The speakers fill the room with the song Case 143, one of Stray Kids most popular songs. The boys tense, getting into position. The beat runs through me and a smile grows on my face.

Then, the boys start dancing. It's almost hypnotic watching them move in choreographed ways around each other. They flow so well together, all of them put into the spotlight. 

This rehearsal isn't a main singing one, so they sing quietly under their breath to keep up the song so a soft hum follows the lyrics of the song. The boys move around each other so well, bending, swaying and bobbing along. Their actions are synchronized, and I find a fascination with this. The way they remember everything blows my mind.

That's when my attention is caught by Felix, his body rolls and sways so perfectly and practiced. It entices me, so I continue to observe him.

He must feel my gaze because he looks up, his dark eyes catching mine. He smiles embarrassedly, fumbling a little bitch. I look away to not distract him anymore, and to not embarrass myself anymore. I can feel the smile on my lips and the flush on my cheeks.

That's when I notice that Bang Chan had also observed our small interaction, his eyes note my blushing face before he looks at me, smirking, with a teasing question.

Quickly my eyes widen and I shake my head at his expressions implication. He believes I like Felix. Which, though is true, doesn't mean that he needs to know that, in fact it would be better if no one discovered this.

Bang Chan rolls his eyes and he continues on with his choreographed dance, moving away from me. 

That's when I reaize Im supposed to be watching how their makeup I did holds up. My eyes jump from face to face, seeing that my makeup is so far surviving and as my eyes move again, I notice Felix already looking at me, a confused, if not flustered look on his face. He must have been embarrassed because he messed up his moves a little bit because of me.

I continue searching and that's when I notice the start of something truly honest to Stray Kids online portrayal of themselves. Han’s face is all scrunched up and confused, and he freezes, Changbin knocking into him.

They topple over together in a mix of limbs and shrieks. The music slows to an end and an employee walks in carrying in waters, and looks shocked at what they see. The boys groan and slowly get up, while others look annoyed with Han and Changbin.

I.N throws his head back and groans, “Guys!”

Changbin immediately puts up his defense, “It wasn’t me, Han just stopped and I didn't know! Not my fault, it's all his!”

Han gasps, his mouth agape before responding, “Not true! I only forgot the next part because Changbin interrupted my practice earlier so I couldn't finish it so of course I had to stop! It is his fault that it happened because if he hadn’t-”

Han's argument is cut off by an unhappy Hyunjin, “Shut up!”

I hold back my laughter as I watch the scene unfold, Bang Chan steps in and says, “No need to be rude guys, come on. We don't need to blame anyone, just do better.”

Lee Know laughs, “Yeah, be better!”

Bang Chan sighs, “No-”

Han’s defensive tone fills the room, “Hey! If it wasn’t for Chagbin-”

Felix's deep voice fills my ears, “Guys, we don't need to fight, besides we have a guest.”

The room is silent and the boys look to me ashamed, but I continue to smile, amused with their antics. They remind me of myself and my brother when we were little. I wave away their embarrassment, “Its okay, besides that you guys did a great job, and it looks like your makeup is still perfectly fine so I'd call this a success.”

They smile and nod before Changbin shouts, “Lunch!”

We all start to leave the room, and the final thing I hear before I head the opposite way to clean up the makeup rooms is Lee Know yelling, teasingly, “Han is paying! Do better Han!”

I laugh under my breath, shaking my head. God, this has been a great day.