第三章: Nightmares

A/N: Read author's endnote pls, hehe ❤

━━━━━━━━

Gojo had frequent nightmares of your limp body in his arms

Today, would be one of those nights. He'd wake up in a cold sweat, the scene vividly replaying in his head. It was sharp, too fresh, as if he were back on his knees- holding your limp body in his arms. It chills him into his bones and made him sick, so sick that his stomach felt like it was caving in on itself- his heart frozen in place. 

He shot up into a sitting position on his bed upon waking up from that horrid nightmare, his entire body covered in sweat, hair sticking unto his forehead. He felt his chest rise up and down unevenly, as he tried to catch his breath. Looking down on his hands, he noticed that he was trembling- fear completely engulfing him. Then he would turn to his side and see you laying there right beside him, completely unaware of the horror that's being replayed in his head like a broken record. Even though you were right, he had to just check on you, make sure you were real.

Ripping off the blanket off of himself, he walked over to the side of your bed. Kneeling down, he gently placed his hand against your cheek. You woke up on the midst of this, groggily slurring the words, "'Toru.. What's wrong.." Your eyes remaining closed. But when he didn't respond, you opened one of your eyes to take a look of the man in front of you. Your eyes widening at the sight of the man, who looked like he just woke up in cold sweat, tears pricking down his cheeks. 

"O

"O.. Oh 'Toru.. Come here.."

He felt your arms wrap around his neck, as your hand gently guided the back of his head, placing his nose unto the crook of your neck. He felt his lungs seize and his nose burn, as he sobbed into the crook of your neck. Wrapping his arms tightly around your waist, afraid of losing you again. Gojo Satoru was rarely ever vulnerable, but after the incident, he would have such vivid nightmares- that it brought him down to his knees.. Humbling him.

Gojo Satoru became beyond terrified of losing you again. He's already lost so much, losing you- no words could describe how much that would shatter his world. "It's okay.. I'm right here, 'Toru.." You'd mumble against his ear, allowing him to cling unto you, 'till his tears had ran dry. It hurt you to see your once 'all mighty' lover on his knees, but after everything that has happened, you were sure that he now knew more than ever how short a human's lifespan can truly be.