AU Short Story

A/N: Kindly read author's end note!

Warning: Volence!!

━━━━━━━━

"You're so beautiful"

He whispered, as you pressed the tip of your sword against his throat- drawing a trickle of blood. Your eyebrows furrowing in confusion, thoughts of 'does he not understand I'm here to kill him?'. You watch as he reaches a hand up to caress your cheek gently, causing for you to flinch by the softness of his actions. "You're as beautiful as the day I've met you." His words alone caused you to falter, as both of your hands shook by the Tsuka. Clenching the hilt even tighter, feeling the motivation of killing the man in front of you waiver.

"Are you stupid.." You'd whisper bitterly, tears threatening to escape your eyes. Stupid, idiotic, foolish- those were the words you'd use to describe the man in front of you. Is he plain clueless, or is he choosing to play stupid? You knew him well enough that you knew he was far from foolish, so why not fight back? You're an assassin sent to kill him, your covers been blown- why not call his teammates for backup. He now knew who you were, and you knew how capable he is to turn the tables around- so why won't he?

 He now knew who you were, and you knew how capable he is to turn the tables around- so why won't he?

'Oh, I hate this man.. I hate this man.. But oh cara mia, how I love him..'

Then there's that smile, that same smile you fell for- even though the one thing you were tasked was to finish this mission quick and efficiently. But you just had to go falling for the enemy, now what? No feelings attached? Why couldn't you just do the job quickly, no strings attached- what was so different. Sure, the two of you shared an adoptive child, and the two of you may have shared a kiss or two- but you were assigned a simple mission.

Kill him. Those were what the higher ups told you, always following their orders like the good little minion you were. So why couldn't you slice his throat like you normally do to the rest of your enemies? But he wasn't like the rest of your missions, you've made a life with him. He wasn't cruel like what those papers mentioned, he wasn't ruthless- he was gentle and kind. So who was deceiving you? Was it the higher-ups? Who's told you numerous of times that he's nothing more than a cold blooded murderer. Or was his entire persona an act? A facade to fool you, to lure you right into his trap.

"Finish the job, (Y/N)." He spoke, breaking you out of your thoughts. He knew well that if you didn't finish the job, you'd be the one that would suffer the consequence and he couldn't have that- he'd rather die, than have you be hurt in his stead. But he knew you were wavering, so he grabbed unto your blade, grasping it tightly against his neck. You released a soft gasp, as you tried to remove his bleeding hands off your blade.

"Satoru stop it!"

"Satoru stop it!"

━━━━━━━━

Oh yeah! I have a Tumblr now! It's on internal links or my profile :)

Also should I turn this into a series? I have quite a few ideas for a concept like this. And this wasn't originally the ending of the short story, but I'll give y'all this for now hehe

This was a short story that I came up with while reviewing for finals, highkey inspired by spy x family and the nonstop ORV edit with the skyfall soundtrack tiktoks that's flooded my FYP.

I'll update the main story soon :)

Hope ya'll enjoyed this short story for now

As always,

Peace