第五章: A penny for your thoughts?

A/N: slight spoilers from the manga, post-shibuya arc character descriptions..

━━━━━━━━

"(Y/N).. I still have a lot left to do.."

The snowy haired man spoke, as he ruffled his hair, his eyebrows furrowed in distress. The young woman looked up at him, mid-packing some of the necessities they may need during their trip in a luggage on the floor, "No. You're not going to be taking anymore missions for the next two weeks, Gojo Satoru." She watched, as he winced after hearing his full name come out of her mouth. "Your other coworkers can handle the rest and you need the break. Now, are you going to go pack your clothes, or am I going to have to do it? Because you're going." He sighed softly, knowing well that once he beautiful lover took a stance, it was quite difficult swaying her decision. 

"All right.." He knelt down to the ground and wrapped his arms around her from behind, giving her a peck on the cheek. "Thank you." He whispers in your ear, knowing well that you probably already talked to the higher-ups and gave them a piece of your mind. Gojo never minded the missions, if he were being honest, it kept his mind busy and it allowed him to find out more as to where Kenjaku's location may potentially be. 

Sure, it got exhausting, one mission after another- never allowing him to sit down and have a moment with his thoughts. But after the incident, he doesn't want to sit down and think about it- to have to relieve it inside of his head, to have to talk about it. Shoko has tried, so has Utahime, and even his own adoptive son told him that he truly needed to go to therapy, that he needs to talk about it. Instead, he kept himself busy with work. After all, Gojo believed that talking about it.. Means accepting that it did happen. Yet, he refuses, he refuses to accept that he lost his his teacher and his best friend, his student lost an arm, two of his students lost an eye, and the one that mattered the most from him almost slipped from his grasps.

 Yet, he refuses, he refuses to accept that he lost his his teacher and his best friend, his student lost an arm, two of his students lost an eye, and the one that mattered the most from him almost slipped from his grasps

"Penny for your thoughts?"

He'd hear you ask, turning around to see you looking at him with concern, since he's been staring at his white collared shirt for almost three minutes now. "No, it's nothing. I was just trying to see which outfit makes me look hotter." He grinned at his lover, taking off the shirt from the hanger. "eh, eh?" He put the shirt against himself, flashing the look to the woman who was now rolling her eyes.