Chapter 41: Unfortunate

Unfortunate

     The feeling of tasting blood in her mouth, drowning out the taste of the dirt she had felt trickle in between her lips as her body was roughly slammed against the ground. She spit out the blood, using her hand to wipe away its presence from in between her lips. Rena coughed the blood into her palm as she felt the pain of Namine's last punch, echo throughout her kidney.

     "Quite the fight in you." Namine stated, and her body no longer looked human, as the vines had practically transformed her arms into thorn filled stocks of green.

     "What can I say," Rena stated, her arm dangling to her side as an amused psychopath had spitefully ripped the bandages she had used to pin it to her side. "I'm a survivor."

     "Quant." Namine stated, taking a step forward as her vines began to dig into the ground. "Quite the attitude you've got there. Can't you do us both a favor and just die?"

     Rena smiled, not offended as she took a step back as the earth began to rumble from underneath her. "Unfortunately not." She jumped into the air as a vine exploded from underneath her. Namine's face remained bored as the vines began to explode from the dirt. Rena felt one weave around her ankle, slamming her back into the ground. The plants began to attack her so she quickly attempted to use one hand to form a seal.

     The Jutsu was hard enough with two hands, but with one it was near impossible. She felt the barrier just barely go up in time for her body to be protected. The water splashed against her face and she barely managed to block the vine that had gotten through her blind spot. She swiftly moved through the plants, managing to disrupt the Chakra in each of them as they made contact with her Jutsu. They fell limp all around her as the Chakra that brought them to life had disappeared.

     The laugh was slow but pretty soon Namine was exploding in it. Her body rocked in contained giggles as Rena slowly stood up, her breathing labored and her cracked lip spilt blood over her cheek.

     "I want to rip you limp from limp." Namine giggled out and straightened her back. The woman's eyes widened as she pumped Chakra into her hands and slowly the vines that had been contained exploded with Chakra. "Child's play, my dear. Child's play."

     Rena rolled her eyes, but her fist clenched, as she knew that she was on the run. Her Chakra was weaning and she was purely on defense. She wasn't certain how much longer she could keep up her barrier.

     She glanced around, her head pounding with Jutsu she could try. It didn't help that she, at the end of the day, was a medical Ninja. Despite her big words, she didn't practice offensive Ninjutsu so often.

     So yeah... she was scared.

     Rena scoffed, using her hand to rid the hair from her eyes. Fear is good. Fear will keep her alive. She refused to submit like some coward in the dirt.

     One hand be damned. If that was to be her handicap, she would make it her strength.

     The vines rose above the girl, and Rena raised a brow. "You planning on suffocating me to death?"

     "Ohoho?" Namine laughed out, and like that vines formed a sphere around its captor. "Should I suffocate you to death...I'm afraid that the theory many have about my plants is quite true. The emit oxygen I'm afraid. It's quite annoying actually. But it's okay. I have other ways to kill you. Crushing is my personal favorite."

     "I'm gonna have to make you hold off on that." Rena stated as she felt her barrier give out, her Chakra unable to sustain it.

     As far as she knew, her skills in performing hand seals had always been good, and to do it one handed would be...difficult. She needed time and Rena was doubtful that Namine would sit there and wait. If she were lucky, she'd get by with barely 20 of the 44 hand seals, and that's if Namine was willing to wait.