Chapter 20: Rena V.S Shisui

Reira looked in between Rena and Shisui across the room with an uncertain gaze while her twin brother had no trouble giving the girl advice on the upcoming match. Reira was still trying to decide which one to root for. She had no idea.

         Shisui sighed from his spot. The stupid Kirigakure girl glanced at him for the fifth time and he was losing his patience with her stares. It wasn't like she was discrete about it.

         He turned around and began to walk down the steps to the arena when the stupid girl's voice stopped him.

         "Shisui-kun," she exclaimed as she rushed over to him. She smiled and bowed.

         "I hope you win, Shisui-kun," Reira said and Shisui raised an eyebrow, but smiled politely nonetheless.

         "Thank you," he said simply and walked away.

         "How dare you," Rena hissed over at her teammate, who suddenly became interested in the ground.

         "What a stab in the back, Rei-chan," Ryu said from next to his sister. They quietly hive-fived behind their backs, but kept up their face expressionless.

         "I hate both of you," Rena hissed as she rushed down the steps to the arena.

         "Good luck, Rena!" Reira yelled before her voice fell to a whisper. "I hope she doesn't win..."

         "I heard that!" Rena exclaimed in reply.

         "She has the hearing of a bat," Ryu commented as he grabbed his sister's elbow before she could rush back to the turtle she had been playing with before. He didn't miss the stagger in her step as he grabbed her. His eyes narrowed and she acted as if nothing had happened. No matter how he looked at her he couldn't see any problem with her appearance. His sister was quite the actress.

         It was when he touched her he could feel her weakness.

         He said nothing for a moment and Reira looked at him curiously as she pressed her body against the railing so she could get as close to the arena as possible. She couldn't help but be anxious as well as nervous for her upcoming battle. She wanted it, but she was also scared. She couldn't help it.

         More than anything she wished she could face Itachi Uchiha with a clean bill of health.

         "What's wrong, Ryu?" She asked after a moment and he leaned over the railing next. He was already as close to her as he could get, so their arms were basically conjoined at the skin.

         "Are you okay?" He finally asked. "Are you breathing okay?"

         "Of course I'm not breathing okay. My hearts beating like a drum with Itachi-kun and Kazuya-kun's mere presence in the area," Reira answered with a bright grin.