Chapter 4: Five Senses

After hours of holding off from sleep, Reira's eyes finally started to droop with exhaustion

After hours of holding off from sleep, Reira's eyes finally started to droop with exhaustion. Sleep wasn't something Reira often got since she was usually active with energy at all hours of the day. She had so much sugar throughout the day that she had become high off a sugar rush that lasted until she finally crashed.

"You son of a bitch!" Rena's voice exclaimed, making Reira's eyes snap back open, her previous sleepiness still there, but less so. Now it was just a nagging feeling that put her in a bad mood.

"What's going on?" Reira asked in a groggy tone.

"You're stupid brother, that's what!" Rena answered with a leer at Ryu before stomping off.

"What did you do?" Reira asked, with a cute motion she rubbed her eyes.

"I have no idea... women, huh?" Ryu said, and let out a frown. "She didn't sound at all appreciative when I said I'd give her a moment to get over her PMS."

Reira blinked a few times before a slow smile started to slip on her face. Ryu blinked at her too before making an O shape with his lips.

"Ohh..." Ryu finally said in realization. "...I take it that the timing of that wasn't very good."

Reira frowned and shook her head before she lifted her hand and held out her pinky. He didn't hesitate to entangle his pinky with hers.

"For something like that, brother, I don't think there will ever be a good time," Reira suggested, the charm on Reira's bracelet connected with Ryu's as the magnets neared.

"We're almost to the tower," Rena said, sending a dirty glance towards Ryu and Reira as well since she was next to him. Sometimes, Reira would wonder if this day would be her last and Rena would finally kill her in a bad mood. 

"And here I was having a great afternoon in this romantic forest with you, Ren," Ryu said in an almost teasing tone. Rena glowered at him as soon as the words came out of his mouth.

"They will never find your body," Rena told him causing Ryu and Reira to take a step back.

"Ryu, I think you should back off a bit," Reira whispered to her brother. Still, her whispering voice was never actually low, so Rena frowned as she heard it.

       "Nah, I think she secretly likes it," Ryu said, not bothering to whisper at all. 

      "I hate...you both," Rena said, her eyes narrow. Reira felt a moment of trepidation. "Let's get going. I'm hungry and I will kill someone if I don't get real food in my mouth soon."

"Do you want some dango? I have sixty," Reira said, opening up her bag and looking inside. A slight frown fell upon her mouth as she saw what was inside. "Never mind, I have one." She stood up and held out her hand to her brother, entangling their pinkies.