Chapter 50: Aid From Monsters

Aid From Monsters

      He kissed her and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. She ran her fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest. When he pulled away from her, however, his eyes were conflicted, as if he couldn't believe what he had done. Surrounding them was still the slightly dim world of his Jutsu, but none of it mattered.

      Her brows were furrowed and she still felt him against her lips when she closed her eyes. She submitted it to memory and opened those same eyes once more to grab him by the scruff of his shirt. She brought him close, her narrowed eyes on his. His expression once more turned guarded and she remembered her brother that she so desperately needed to save.

      "I need your help," she told him, but he was silent. "My Kekkei Genkai is the only thing that can save him. You took it away from me, but you will give it back."

      Whatever spell that had gathered over him had dissipated, and he slightly smirked. "Is that so?" His face was once more expressionless when Reira felt the world of his Genjutsu dissipate and they were once more in the middle of the open roads of Kiri. Citizens were running away from the fire and ash they had caused, or more like Reira had caused, when she burned down Itachi's hotel room.

      "I'll make you," she promised, flipping backwards and performing one last hand sign, Kazuya's every Jutsu still present in her mind. Thanks to her Sharingan, she was able to regulate the proper amount of Chakra quite easily, despite Fire type Chakra being new to her. The makings of a giant fire dragon erupted from her lips, and attacked Itachi's form straight on, but he was faster and far more experienced in his Sharingan.

      She was going to lose. She realized it in a hauntingly slow second. She slightly smiled, her eyes hard, but her lips gentle. Of course she would lose. It didn't matter how much she trained, these abilities were still strange and unpracticed to her. She needed so much more time and practice before she got to her own past level of strength, let alone his.

      It was a humble thought, but it filled her with rage. She dodged his perfectly timed fire Jutsu, attempting to rework her battle strategy. She couldn't win by shear talent, and his Sharingan would see through tricks. Her Genjutsu was weaker.

      More than that, she didn't have much time. She made herself too known in Kiri and soon enough Hunter ninja would be after her head. If she allowed herself to get caught, there was no way she could escape. She was trapped and caged, banking on the ridiculous notion that she could convince him to help her. That was useless. A kiss didn't change the fact that he was most likely evil and wouldn't think twice about her death if he was able to kill his own parents.

      It took everything she had to kill the corpses of her parents, and they had been trying to kill her right back.

      "Go home, Reira," Itachi said, through the smoke that littered the air around them. His comment was ridiculous to her.

      "Ryu is my home. Help me get him back," she asked, glancing around, her Sharingan activated in attempts to catch a glimpse of him. He was hidden from her, and through the smoke was a thick level of Genjutsu that she knew would take too long to break.

      "It's a waste of time," he told her and his voice echoed around her.

      "Little brother's are precious, Itachi. Surely a part of you still remembers that," she had to change her methods, but if she was wrong, she might only anger him. "You left Sasuke alive. You killed everyone else, but you left him alive. Brothers are precious."