1

Adelaide Gaines abruptly sat up in bed. She stared at the clock and looked at her sleeping room mates. She rubbed her eyes and then realized that they were late for class for the third time this week.

"Guys! Were late again!" Adelaide threw on the uniform that she wore yesterday and quickly ran a brush through her long, dark brown curly hair and twisted it up in a messy bun. She didn't even bother with makeup and made a half hearted attempt to apply coloured lip balm. Her two other roommates Jennifer and Aria sat up in bed and grabbed their uniforms and bolted out of the dorm. They jogged across campus to get to the main building and rushed inside their class. The teacher sighed and marked the three of them late. The class snickered and Adelaide looked down to see that she was still wearing the 'I Heart Nerds' tee shirt she had worn to bed. The only spots available in the class room were at the back next to Nathan Page. She had gone to school with him since the fifth grade and she had witnessed the changing attitude and hormones within her ex-bestfriend. She hated his playboy attitude and how he could seduce girls by running a hand through his mess of his hair and a flirty wink. Usually she hated her English History class but now she loathed it. Sitting next to Nathan was one of the worst things that could happen to you at this school. Even worse was having him notice you. This was going to be a long day.