𝑰𝑽

AUTHOR POV

Aera was hanging out with the boys during lunch, each of them eating and chit-chatting.

"Does it hurt ?", Mingi spoke, touching Jongho's wrist only to be sworn at by the maknae. "If only my wrists weren't the ones damaged..."

"Fine sorry sorry... geez..."

"Yo 3 o'clock", Wooyoung spoke, whispering as he pointed with his eyes at the counter while munching on his french fries. Everyone turned around at his comment, examining the broad-shoulder guy with his biceps and washboard abs being hugged by a grey sports shirt.

Mingyu was a badass and no one dare to approach him, however, he was the only one in his gang. Though he was the distant cousin of Hongjoong, he always wanted to stay in his own corner plotting his own plans about bullying the juniors.

Nobody, not even ATEEZ could say anything about him. Except for the only fight that happened between Yunho and San, where both boys humiliated the hell out of him.

"Does he still visit your dad hyung ?", Yeosang asks the oldest, Seonghwa, who was busy in thought, playing with his food. He simply nods, however, his eyes and the way he was chewing his food had the impression he was tense.

"I don't even care what these two invent at home.", he dryly replied and Aera clears her throat, slightly nervous.

"I think I saw a file on your dad's table the other day...", Aera trails but quickly turns into defensive mode as she waves her hand in the air, adding, "It's not like I was being nosy, I just happened to see it on my way to the bathroom"

Seonghwa could only look at her with one eyebrow raised high as his food stayed laying on his lips, perplexed as to what Aera just mentioned.

"It was red with golden-like papers ? Yeah, I saw that once too", Seonghwa finally replies and Aera sighs, getting a reassuring smile from the latter.

Seonghwa was slightly intimidating this week, which made Aera slightly back off from the boy, acting timid without much control of her own self.

Seonghwa kept drowning in his own thoughts as we all ignored everything and continued with our food.

AERA POV, 5:00 PM

"Bye guys", I walk towards the bus as I waved back at the guys behind me. I sit at the back of the empty bus, putting on my headphones and pressing the play button on my walkman.

The orange light emitted from the sun hit my face, slightly warming my cold cheeks as a soft breeze grazed my hair. It felt nice, being the only person in an empty bus really gives off a different vibe on a busy day.

"Hey wait ! Please !"

A muffled voice came across my ears just when my music started playing and I divert my eyes away from the window as the bus abruptly stops.

"Thanks", Seonghwa chuckles at the driver, handing an extra dollar to the latter as he entered the bus. My mouth slightly parts away in confusion and shock.

Why isn't he with the others ?

His eyes met mine and his usual smirk-like smile came to his face. "Hey", he spoke, sitting beside me and I add, "What brings you here ?"

"Oh just didn't want to go home. Can I hang out at your place today ?", he simply replies, sighing contentedly as he comforts himself on the seat, resting on one arm behind my back seat.

"Your dad's not home today ?"

"Nope", he replies.

I nod my head and both of us looked out the window. I always felt something else when hanging around Seonghwa, though I'm not sure if he feels the same way. It was always a feeling of safety and happiness.

I guess I was wrong about him being tense all week. I just hope everything's alright back at his place...

"Hey", Seonghwa spoke, grabbing my attention once again. He looked hesistant, so I gently asked, "What is it ?"

"I didn't mean to be cold during lunch", he replied and I chuckled, confusing him as his big puppy eyes faces me.

He was cute, and it was something I couldn't resist.

"I know", I replied while smiling as I went back to face the window and so did he, scratching his neck shyly.

I was happy that though he didn't mean it, he still never failed to gain my trust.