𝑿𝑰𝑰

All of the members decided to stay in the cabin for that night. However, none of them couldn't sleep that night. They were sure that the scientist was also planning to screw them over with that syringe.

But why is there a green and black syringe ?

"Something's suspicious", Seonghwa speaks and Hongjoong faces the latter as he spoke. "It's weird how there are two different syringe"

"You think your father is planning to form some colony or some shit ?", Hongjoong replied and Seonghwa nodded, although he wasn't sure himself.

Why would his father do that ? It seems a bit cliché but Hongjoong wasn't totally wrong.

They were both alone at the balcony, sipping the last 2 cans of beer left. Where was life taking them ? Seonghwa having family issues, Hongjoong without a fulfilled dream and the rest of the boys with a life going nowhere.

And as for Aera, she went with the flow. But maybe too much. This led her to a life without a dream, she was being easy-going too much that she forgot that she should be doing other things instead of just sitting down and following the same routine she did for years. She was alone in the guest room, contemplating about the things she saw and had to go through, especially with the recent accident.

It was not like she was harrassed, beated violently or anything, especially with the past events with Seonghwa's father but for her to think such things, it was evident that it was really bizarre.

The boys believed that they needed to protect Aera, from the beginning. She was a girl, yes, but they also realised that Seonghwa's dad had something to do with her constantly feeling anxious around the latter. They also never knew her family stories nor anything about her background.

--------------------

It was midnight. Aera woke up from her broken slumber. She narrowed her eyes, adjusting slowly to the moonlight illuminating her room. She faced the ceiling for a while, thinking she woke up because of an unfamiliar bed. Maybe a little walk to the balcony could bring her sleep back she thought, and so she got up and went to the kitchen for a quick glass of water.

She sighed and rested both of her hands beside the sink as she gulped down the rest of the water that she held in her mouth. Her body was tired and her eyes were heavy but they didn't seem to close.

She turned around but quickly let out a small squeak. Seonghwa suddenly appeared behind her. "W-what are you doing here ?", she asked, holding both of her hands to her heart.

His messy hair and only one eyed open could tell. So he couldn't sleep as well...
Aera asked him if he was here for a glass of water and Seonghwa nodded, receiving an glass of water from Aera.

She couldn't help but notice his features up close. She never saw an adams apple so hot like this. It looks very sharp, moving up and down as he gulped down the water. His collar bones came in sight as well.

"Am I hot or what ?", Seonghwa chuckled, putting the glass of water down. Aera blushed immediately, she couldn't believe he saw her admiring him.

"I didn't m-mean to...", she scratched the back of her neck and Seonghwa sat back on the couch. Why did she feel awkward right now ? I guess she simped too much over him drinking a mere glass of water. Or probably because he's still sleepy.

Aera made her way to the balcony, feeling the night breeze gently hitting her hair. It felt nice to live in a cabin near a forest, however she couldn't see much in the distance due to the fog.

Something didn't feel right. Why was her pounding as if someone was in danger ? She was rambling her mind about it... the recent events, Mingyu and his fake dad hiding something... but nothing came together.

"H-Hey Seonghwa ?--", she turned around to face Seonghwa, only to realise that the latter was already back to sleep on the couch. The only person who could only understand her concern was already back to sleep.

"I'm sure everything will be alright...", she comforted to herself and decided to head back to bed that night.

Little did she know that a surprise was awaiting her the next morning...