𝑽

Seonghwa was hanging out in my yard, laughing as we both ate snacks under the tree.

He was ethereal, his hair fluttering in the wind as he smiled at me. My heart ached yet felt butterflies in my stomach when my eyes drowned in his, a feeling of one-sided love yet a warm feeling of him beside me.

"Hey how about we do something ?", Seonghwa speaks as he gets up from his seat, throwing one last cheeseball in his mouth.

"Like what ?", I take his offered hand and got up and he pointed at one of the branches of the tree, "Let's make a swing"

I wondered about the possibilities, slightly frowning as I was unsure it would work.

"Trust me. Let's go find the materials", he took my hand and went towards the garage. I could only stand still as I watched him take the utensils needed in my garage.

We came back to the tree and he started tying a rope around one of the strongest branches. I watched cautiously as I held the ladder, supporting Seonghwa from falling.

"All done !", he chuckled and got down, looking at me as he smiled, adding if I wanted to try it out.

I happily nod and sat on the swing as he got behind me. "1 2 3 !", he pushed me forward and I let out a joyful laugh, allowing my body to become light and feel the air, feeling like a bird in the sky.

"Woah woah woah !"

Things quickly turned upside down as the wooden seat suddenly broke into two, causing me to fall right on my butt. I looked at a flustered Seonghwa, both hands staying still on both of his sides, failing to catch me.

I suddenly burst into laughter, hiding my face in embarrassment as Seonghwa joins me. "Ahh... the wood wasn't strong enough. I'll try again, wait for me here"

I sighed under my breath... watching his back fading in the distance on his way to the garage.

AUTHOR POV, EVENING

Seonghwa opened the door to his house, throwing his bag on the floor lazily as he plopped on the couch. He happily sighed, Aera not leaving his mind. Everything was dark, only the light of the moon illuminating the living room. There was no sight of his dad as well, which was an everyday thing for the boy.

He spoke to himself, muttering that he should go bath. The sound of water running filled the bathroom as Seonghwa washed his hair, letting the warmth of the water comfort his whole body.

He then got out after dressing up, wrapping a towel around his neck as he walked around while drying his hair with the towel. However, to his surprise, he noticed the lights in the living room were on.

"Huh ?", Seonghwa frowned, having no recollection of turning on the lights.

"Where were you ?", Seonghwa's mouth parted away as his eyes met his dad's, who immediately threw a dry and cold question at the boy. His dad threw his bag on the table, removing his shoes and coat.

"I was hanging out with ATEE--"

"Don't you dare lie to my f*cking face", he cuts Seonghwa's word as he spoke between his teeth, turning his head at the boy as he loosened his tie in annoyance. The atmosphere drastically changes as Seonghwa was now scared and nervous.

"Dad, I went nowhere else"

"Then where else did you f*cking go for you to be smelling like A F*CKING WOMAN ?!", Seonghwa's dad trails off slowly before raising his voice at the last three words of his phrase, holding up Seonghwa's bag.

Seonghwa sighed, rubbing both of his temples as he explained no girl touched his bag. That part was true. What thing would he have done for his bag to get Aera's scent ? Seonghwa wouldn't have the full courage to fully lie to his father, even if he had to. Though he still wondered how his dad found out about him not being at ATEEZ's.

His dad throws the bag at him before pointing at him menacingly while adding, "You're going nowhere today."