𝑿𝑰𝑰𝑰

MINGYU POV

"Father !", I quickly run to father's house. It was still midnight but I just couldn't sleep without him knowing what I got this evening.

I knock on the door as loud as I can to wake him up as my feet bounced in nervousness. I really appreciate father, he's like my role model. I'd do anything to make him proud of me.

FLASHBACK
AUTHOR POV

"Fuck !!!"

A scream suddenly echoed around the silent road as a teenage Mingyu was walking away from his house. He didn't want to deal with his family issues anymore.

He was thinking other thoughts, impulsive ones... As in, "What if I try to throw myself from a high building ?"
He just couldn't bring himself to do it all at once, and so he decided to take a walk to think things over again.

He shifted his attention to a man kicking a carton box chained with metalic wires of some sort.
"What a dork", Mingyu mumbled but soon his eyes widened when the man turned to face the latter.

Did he hear him ?

"Oh ! Hey you, come help me", the man arrogantly called out to Mingyu, pointing at the box.
Mingyu shrugged, walking to the man as he waited for any command to help.

"Help me get this work. You're smart enough to light that up right ?", the man said as he turned to his equipement box. When he went back to the boy, the box was lightning up.

"It worked ! But how ?"

Mingyu points to the unplugged wire and the man swore. At this point the little Mingyu was sure he was a scientist.

That was fun for Mingyu. He sensed something amusing about the scientist, although he was rude and too honest at times. But he liked it. Better that than being ignored by your parents. They became close than ever, Mingyu receiving more love from the scientist than Seonghwa.

END OF FLASHBACK

"What ?", the door flungs open annoyingly, showing a half asleep scientist in a night gown. Mingyu shares the news that he got other substances that they got confirmed.

"All of them ?", the scientist asks, receiving a happy nod from Mingyu. The scientist laughs, throwing off his glasses and pulling Mingyu for a hug. "Ahh I'm so proud of you son. Let's start the work today itself. Right now"

"R-Right now.. ?"

"Well yeah ? I've been too waiting for this day since a long time", the scientist replies, approaching Mingyu as he places both of hands on his shoulders, patting as a way of showing how proud and happy he is.

"It's time we conquer the world"

THE NEXT DAY

All of the Ateez members woke up early in the morning, drinking some tea. They were a little more ease compared to yesterday, probably because they got more rest as well. Hongjoong, Wooyoung, San, Yunho and Yeosang were in the living room, goofing around. Jongho and Mingi were making pancakes as Aera was washing some of the dishes. As for Seonghwa, he was enjoying his own company in the balcony. You could tell he was the type of guy who would secretly worry about things and keep it inside. But in Aera's case, she could naturally see right through him. She didn't know if she was trying hard to or that it was a gift she got since young, but she was considerate of others and she felt good to be by their side.

When Aera finished washing the dishes, Jongho and Mingi were done with their pancakes and Seonghwa was done reflecting on himself, they all joined the others in the living room. "So.. what do we do ?", Hongjoong spoke and San sighs. "I don't know but I think we shouldn't just stay here for too long", he replied. "San's right. Our parents might be wondering about us", Mingi states and the rest nods their head in agreement. "Aera, what about you ? We never really knew anything about your parents"