𝑰𝑿

FEW MONTHS LATER

It was finally graduation day. Everyone gathered around at the school yard, the staffs setting up chairs for the guests to sit down and colourful garments hung around to decorate the school.

ATEEZ got out of a van that came to drop them, Aera following behind. They were all wearing their gowns and hats, talking to their classmates. It never felt so good to finally leave school and start a life where you would work.

"It feels great to graduate", San speaks, walking past the other members as he joined his fellow classmates and everyone else did the same.

Aera was left alone, trying to find anyone she knew until she stumbled upon that Mingyu guy.

"Searching for someone ?", he spoke, as if evil was the only thing that came out of his mouth. Aera's heart started beating fast, avoiding his gaze. Mingyu grabbed her by her cheeks, forcing her to face him as he took a last glance behind him in case the others saw her.

--------------------

"I said remove your hand"

In this loud thundering rainfall, a girl sobbed uncontrollably as she pitifully covered her drenched school top.

"Suri-yah, you don't want to disobey me do you ?"

The poor girl couldn't counterattack, taking down her hands and pushing her wet hair out of her face. It was Mingyu, Kim Mimgyu. Who would dare to fight him ?

Mingyu approached her, a smirk worn on his face as he walked with a black umbrella over him whistling a random note at the same time.

"I like it more when you obey me", he whispered, gently caressing the girl as she shivered in fear, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Fuck off."

Mingyu turned his face at the source. In the distance was walking Aera towards the both of them. Without a warning, Aera raised her hand and threw it right across Mingyu's face, the loud slapping sound echoing through the rainfall.

Her silence spoke enough words to make Mingyu perplexed, yet infuriated. She didn't care if she was drenched also, as long as the girl wouldn't be out of Mingyu's radar, she wouldn't move an inch.

"What do you think you--"

"You're wrong if you think everywhere's your territory to just catch someone and humiliate them.", Aera spoke as Mingyu held his cheek, feeling the warmth of that hot slap spreading on his hands.

He immediately started laughing, slightly making Aera taken-aback as she narrowed her eyes for a split second before returning to her cold face. He was a maniac, shamelessly laughing at a girl who just slapped him.

"Who do you think you are ? Mother Teresa ?", he chuckled bitterly, grabbing the silent girl who was embarrassingly watching the scene. Aera signaled the girl to go back to change and before turning around to leave, Mingyu adds, "You'll be next."

She side-eyed him before replying, "Try me bitch"

--------------------

"Leave me.", Aera sternly replied. "How would it feel to be embarrassed in front of your friends during graduation day ?"

She badly wanted to slap his face. So bad that she wanted to ruin his whole face. Being bullied by him for all these years in college had made her have enough.

"You said years ago it'd be my turn just like that girl. Are you still that scared to try me ?", she replied, staring at him with the coldest glare she could, slightly chuckling at him.

"Oh but I sure did enjoy bullying you all those years after that", he smirked before quickly pulling out a can of drink to pour on her.

But before he could, a hand comes in the way. "I think it's better to stop.", Jongho interrupts, squeezing Mingyu's hand as a warning.

"Let go", Mingyu took his hand back, sighing in defeat before heading on his way, crushing the can in his bare hands and throwing it in the bin. He cursed under his breath, hitting the bin with all his force as he walked away.

"Thanks Jongho", Aera finally smiled in relief, earning a wink from Jongho and the ceremony finally starts.