𝑿

AUTHOR POV

"Why did you bring me here ?!"

Aera was only walking peacefully on a sunmy day, thinking about the guy who she kissed days ago. Was Seonghwa thinking about her just like she was ?
But she quickly snapped out of her trance when a hand forcefully dragged her somewhere.

Aera frantically lets go of Mingyu's hand that was chaining her. He threw her on the hard wooden floor. Aera wondered why he brought her in Seonghwa's home, looking around anxiously trying to spot the real devil, who was Seonghwa's dad.

This was happening all at once, Aera couldn't completely wrap the situation around her head when Mingyu spoke.

"You know... me and dad always shared the same dream together. A dream where we make our own league.", Mingyu starts trailing off and Aera scoffs.

"How dare you call someone else's dad yours ?"

Mingyu ignores her and smiles, removing a syringe holding a green thick substance from a black suitcase hidden in the kitchen. Aera became in defense mode, but why couldn't her body move like she wanted to ?

"Mingyu.. w-what are you doing ? I--"

"They're saying the world will end soon. We're in 1835, but isn't it time to change the world ?"

"Imagine the power you can get with that. Join us Aera", Mingyu hold the syringe high, trying to persuade Aera.

Teard started streaming down her cheeks, trembling as flashbacks of the mad scientist trying to seduce her came back and now Mingyu trying to persuade her.

"Stop it.. Seonghwa wouldn't want me to...", Aera whispers between sobs and Mingyu chuckles before adding, "This is a new invention we came up with but I guess you won't have it"

"Then I'll have to force you"

"Wha--", she was instantly shut down when Mingyu suddenly covers her mouth, forcing her head to lie on the floor.

"You can become powerful ! Seonghwa is weak. I'm stronger than him, can't you see that !", he yells, trying to hold her arm to get a better shot of the syringe.

Aera couldn't help but notice sadness and greed in his eyes as he was working hard to make her notice his sincere love for her all this time...

"You don't have to do this Mingyu"

FLASHBACK

After the incident in the rain, Aera returned to her classroom and continued on with her classes but couldn't stop cursing Mingyu on the inside.

--------------------

"I like you"

A bottle falls down on the floor, representing the shock Aera felt. In the room, there was only Mingyu and Aera as the setting sun was hitting their profiles. She was cleaning the room, not noticing the tall guy was watching her from afar, smiling at how she swung the broom and brushed her silky hair off her face.

When he, Mingyu, confessed, Aera couldn't believe it. Who would ? It was a selfish and abusive bully trying to prove his love for a girl, whose stubborn enough to not trust such shits.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Seeing you with Seonghwa made me hate you as days went by", Mingyu speaks, his eyes welling with angry tears as he was ready to stab Aera.

"Mingyu stop !", Aera screams in pain as the syringe was now inside her skin, feeling the pointy object going further inside her neck.

Just when Mingyu was about to push in the residue inside her, Mingyu flew across the room when a sudden kick flies in front of Aera.

The syringe fell near Aera as she looks up to the person that saved her.

It was the least person she expected. It was Seonghwa's dad and a flustered and angry look flushed on his face.

"I told you not to inject her !", the latter loud whispered to Mingyu as Aera looked anxiously at both men arguing about a mere syringe that could have unknown consequences.

There wasn't time to think. Aera quietly took the syringe and bolted away from them.

"This one's not for her, I told you to use the blue one !"

"That one's for Seonghwa you good for nothing jerk !"

"But-- wait where is she ?...", Mingyu suddenly points to where Aera was lying down, noticing the door swaying back and forth.

"The syringe is gone as well. Fuck ! I told you to keep an eye on her !"

"I'm sorry father, i-isn't there a second one ?"

"THAT'S THE ONLY ONE WE HAVE CONFIRMED !!"