4th Phase: Clashing Shores

“The lads? Seriously, Lou." I say cutting her statement, emphasizing on the 'lads' part. "What are you talking about?” I roll my eyes in discontent. Who the hell are these lads now? 

“One Direction, silly.” She says as she flashes a playful grin.

"Yeah right, and I'm Beyonce's personal stylist." I claim sarcastically as I feel my eyes roll skyward. 

"You really don't believe me, love?" She asks as she cross her arms, that little smirk still sculpted onto her lips.

"No," I simply say as I shake my head. 

"Here," Lou hands me her iPad. "Search it up on Google, sweet pea." I take from her hands the iPad and do what I was told. My jaw drops seeing the articles about Lou and One Direction. She's not lying. She is indeed One Direction's hairdresser. It took me a couple of minutes to let the information sink in. But how is that possible? How come I never knew about this? 

"You never mentioned you like hair." I comment, my eyes still glued on the screen of the tablet. The grin on Lou's face grows wider. She loves winning. I hate losing- I always lose. 

“Wow, I must admit. I’m really, really, really surprised. I never saw you as a hair stylist before. I thought you'd be a teacher or something else.” I speak, still amazed that my sister is working for One Direction. It's just so big, I guess. Lou have become really successful. I'm kind of proud of her.  

“Well, there are a lot of things you probably don’t know about me, love.” She says as she continues to feed Baby Lux.

__________

Hours passed and we’re now driving to the photo shoot location. Lou drives the car, I sit beside her with Baby Lux beside me. I roll down the window to let the fresh air encompass us. With Lou driving around London, I realize how majestic this city seems. The classical mosaic of old Renaissance period and the modern twentieth century dwells in so good, it makes up a wonderful and glorious city. It feels so serene. And the artisitic splash of the buildings welcomed me with open arms. Me being a classical art enthusiast, London feels like home. It is just like Paris, only people here speaks English. British English, if I may say.

I am humming to the music blasting through my ears when I hear Lou murmur something.

“What did you say?” I ask her, removing the earphones plugged in my ears.

“I said, you’re going to love them.” Lou is smiling as her eyes are planted on the road. 

“Love who?” I ask inquisitively as I shift my gaze to her. 

“The lads, they’re really fun to be with. They're one of the craziest people I’ve ever met.” She says, smiling over to me. I huff while I shake my head. “I really hope you’ll be good friends with them. You really need one." She jokes. I just give her my annoyed look making her chortle. "They are really nice blokes. Isn’t that right Baby Lux?” Lou holds Baby Lux’s soft and delicate hands. Lux just giggles as Lou's hand comes in contact with her. It somehow looks like a spark is formed when their touches meet. I guess that's what they call, a mother's touch.

“I’m sure they are.” I say teasingly.

“Hey, I have one massive favor from you.” Lou mutters, as she shifts gears. 

“What?”

“Please be nice to them- to everyone, actually. Try to be friendly and all. I know it’s not you, but... at least try.” She pleads appealingly.