2: Hidden In Sight

3rd person pov:

Every day after work. Bakugou heads out to investigate cases that were closed in resent years. Old cases are destroyed or missing if they have to do with arsonists or mysterious house fires. So Bakugou digs deeper. Going to neighborhoods to talk to the possible witness. That's when he's given the same warning.

"Police can't be trusted."

"Leave me out of your suicidal effort."

"You'd do best to stay out of it."

Some wouldn't even answer the door. Yet Bakugou could see them hiding inside.

Angered by the lack of help. Bakugou heads home. Hanging his coat up beside the door on a rack.

Shoto:"Still no answers? I'm not surprised. The freezerburn gang isn't easy to go after. Even I've tried to catch them."

Baku:"If everyone stood up to them. We'd be able to catch those fuckers!"

Shoto wraps an arm around bakugou. Pulling him close. I know it's hard, but face it. You're gonna have to let it go. I've been there. My father and oldest brother was killed by them. "

Bakugou's rage turns to tears. Shoto tries to comfort his fiance. That's about the time the doorbell chimes.

Shoto answers the door to see a mailman.

"Special delivery for detective bakugou katsuki."

Bakugou dries his tears and goes to sign for the package. Once finished, the mail carrier runs away.

Shoto:"Wait before you open it. There could be explosives inside."

Bakugou:"Nah, it's too small for that. It must be a letter, but from who?"

Bakugou carefully opens it, and discovers what he's been waiting for.

<Drug enforcement administration or DEA>

Bakugou's eyes light up with hope. As he's been given a chance from the federal government to investigate a business in town.

<dear detective, you've been chosen to cooperate with our organization as an informer, and inside man. We are planning a raid very shortly and hope for your cooperation. If we're successful in the mission. You'll get a position in our ranks. Please call us at ***-***-**** if you're joining us, and we'll continue talking there. After reading this letter. We insist that it be destroyed. Both for your safety and ours.>

Baku:"Looks like we might get help after all."

Shoto holds out a lighter, and Bakugou catches the corner on fire. Once the letter is about gone. Shoto waves his wrist until the fire is out.  Shortly after, bakugou calls the number to set up an in-office visit. Before applying for vacation for the days around the meeting. That way he can go out of town without drawing attention.