27: Called On

3rd person pov:

Izuku wakes up in the early morning to see momo asleep beside him. Her head and arms laying on the bed. Yet she's sitting in a chair beside the bed. Shinsou now watches over him from the door. While Koda keeps watch outside.

Shin:"So you're finally awake."

Izuku looks around for bakugou with a paniced expression.

Sh8n:"He's out as backup for shoto. I'm sure he's alright. Here, drink this."

Shinsou hands izuku a to go mug of coffee.

Shin:"Sorry if it's too sweet. Tetsu Tetsu thought you might prefer sweet."

Izuku hesitates for a moment. Before drinking it anyway.

Izu:^if it's poisoned. I'd be alright with it. Then the memories would be silenced. *

Shin:"I know that look. See it on far too many people. So listen up. Just because the spark is out. Doesn't mean it'll be that way forever. You just need help from others. Don't hesitate to ask. We've all been there at one time or another."

Momo puts her hand on izuku's with sleepy eyes that barely stay open.

Momo:"We got you ba-*snore*"

Izuku begins to cry. So shinsou pats his head. That's when izuku pulls him into a hug.

Not knowing what to do. Shinsou hugs him back. That's about the time kirishima knocks.

Kiri:"Got food."

Shin:"You good enough to eat?"

Izuku's stomach growls loud enough to echo. So shinsou picks up momo.

Shin:"I'll be back once I get this one to bed."

Kirishima enters with a tray of food. Once the door shuts. The mood in the room changes.

Izuku grips his left arm in a panic.

Izu:"He has a message for me right?"

Kiri:"I'm amazed you knew about me."

Izu:"Your scar on your eye gave you away. I remember seeing it once when the blindfold was loose."

Kiri:"Good, that makes my job easier."

Kirishima pats izuku's head like a puppy.

Kiri:"You haven't told anyone about me have you?"

Izu:"Nnnno sir. Snitches end up in ditches."

Kiri:"Good boy. Now eat up. You'll need your strength up. The boss wants you back at work. In exchange, those two will live."

Izuku's eyes widen and his head drops to hide the tears.

Izu:"I understand."

Kirishima stands up to leave. That's about the time shinsou returns. Izuku eats and shinsou sees a teardrop fall on the blanket. That's when Koda comes over his ear piece.

Koda:<We have a wolf in the hen house and it's after the new rooster >

Shinsou touches his ear to respond.

Shin:"make an example. I want the wolf's pelt."

Koda:<copy that.>

Shin:"What happened izuku. I need you to be honest. Everyone here is like family to us. Once you came threw these doors. You became part of the family."

Izuku puts a hand over the scar on one of his wrists. That tells shinsou all he needs to know.

As kirishima walks down the hall. Tetsu Tetsu comes up behind him and puts him in a headlock. While iida teaches the children in another room to destract them. Ojiro comes in to hold Kirishima's legs still to minimize the noise.

Kiri:"W..what the fuck man..... I can't breathe..."

Izuku and shinsou walk out of the room together. Izuku is in sweatpants and a t shirt. That's when kirishima sees izuku.

Kiri:"You damn whore..... you're fucking dead!...... when he finds out about this!..... he's gonna-!"

Koda covers Kirishima's mouth.

Koda:"Watch your language. Children could here you."

About that time kirishima reaches for his gun and shoots Koda. Tetsu Tetsu tightens his hold but is also shot. Ojiro tries to shield izuku and ends up with a bullet aswell. Izuku freezes for a moment. As shinsou yells at him to run. As kirishima aims the gun at izuku.  Izuku takes a deep breath. Before everything goes dark.

*BANG!*