🤍 Chapter 2

"Hey, do you need help?"

Lia's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she turned to look at the person speaking to her.

It was Luam, Tsireya's childhood friend.

She had just stepped out of her Marui pod, carrying a wooden bowl with cooked fish wrapped in giant leaves, about to make her way toward the communal area.

Before she could reply, his lips curved into a soft smile.

"Lia, right? I can help you with that if you don't mind," he said, gesturing to the bowl in her hands.

"Oh, it's okay. It's not heavy."

"Don't worry, I can help," he said as he grabbed the bowl from her and walked away before she could react.

"Um, okay..." Lia's voice trailed off as she followed after him.

Even though she found his sudden appearance to be strange, she didn't give it much thought.

As the village prepared for a morning feast, celebrations were in full swing. With most of everyone present, the communal area was crowded.

"Where do you want these?" He asked when they arrived at the tables.

"You can just leave it there." She pointed to the table where the other dishes were arranged.

"Okay," he smiled as he set the bowl down.

She gave him a quick 'thank you' before leaving to find Aonung and her siblings. However, she didn't get very far when he suddenly grabbed her forearm, halting her in place.

"Wait," Luam chuckled. "So, I heard from Reya that you and your family just moved here not long ago?"

He was nervous as he attempted to initiate a conversation with her. Upon physically touching her, he felt like his hand was on fire, so he quickly retracted it.

His heart beating against his chest wasn't helping the situation either.

"Yeah, it's only been a little over a year," she smiled at him. "Did you grow up here?"

When he realized she was responding to his conversation, his eyes lit up and he smiled.

"I was born here actually. Grew up alongside Reya and Aonung."

"Oh," Lia nodded. "That's very nice. Well, we're glad to have you back here then."

He was left breathless when her eyes met his for a brief second. Lia was stuck in awkward silence when he didn't respond. Feeling uncomfortable, she cleared her throat.

"Um, it was nice talking to you, Luam." Her smile faded to a slight grin as she walked away.

When she said his name, the boy was left star-struck. He knew he wouldn't forget it for the next couple of days. There was something about her that intrigued him and he wanted to get to know her better.

Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, Lia approached Aonung and her siblings. She thought Luam was acting a little strange, but perhaps he was just shy.

Laughter and chitchat filled the air as they sat together around the table.

An attractive smile appeared on Aonung's lips when he saw her approaching them.

"Where did you go?" he asked, pulling her close to him.

"I went to fetch the other bowl of fish in our room," she said, settling in next to him.

"Sorry, I should've gone with you to help," he apologized as he kissed her temple.