Chapter 11

Tw: Abuse and alcohol

My friends have been texting me but I just laid there in my bed under my blankets.

It felt cold.

Quiet.

Empty.

My dad was always the funny one. He always seemed full of joy. He was always there for me.

He even helped my mom stop her alcohol addiction.

I just hope this doesn't make her start again.

She drinks things like beer, vodka, whiskey, and sometimes wine.

I wanted to let out a sob just thinking about it. But I couldn't.

It was like I was numb.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door.

I pulled the blankets off my face and sat up. My h/c hair was blocking my vision slightly. I pushed it behind my ear and looked towards my door.

"Come in." I say.

Aidan opened the door and I don't know why, but just the sight of him made me feel a bit better.

"Hey." He said in a soft tone.

I was tired. I rubbed my bloodshot eyes and moved another piece of hair that had fallen behind my ear.

"Hey." I said.

My voice was raspy and my mouth was dry.

"What happened today at school?" Asked as he took his jacket off and sat it on the floor.

He sat on my bed.

"My dad died." I say blankly.

No emotion.

No sadness or tears anymore.

Nothing.

"Shit." He breathes out.

"Yeah." I say, my voice still raspy.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

I look at him with furrowed eye brows.

"How'd you get out at school?" I ask.

"My parents know the principal personally. My mom was best friends with her in highschool." He says.

I was about to reply when I heard a cabinet from downstairs slam shut, causing me and Aidan both to look at my door.

"Stay here." I say as I get off my bed.

I opened my door and walked downstairs quietly. I peeked around the wall to see my mom pouring alcohol into a glass.

"Shit." I mumble.

When she gets drunk she's aggressive. Not aggressive to the point where she's gonna beat the absolute shit out of me, but damn near it.

I walk back upstairs quietly and shut my door quickly. I locked it and sat back down on my bed.

We stare at each other and I sigh.

"Sit beside me." I say.

A smile plays onto his lips and he crawls beside me on my bed.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask.

"Sure."

I reach over and grab my remote off my table and go to Netflix.

"I'm picking." I say.

(Pick whatever show/movie you want :) )

*Time skip*

I lift my head off of Aidans shoulder when I hear the front door open.

"Stay here." I tell him as I get off my bed.

I open my door and look down the stairs.

I wanted to cry at the sight I saw. My mom was stumbling in with a guy.

When the hell did she leave?

Where did she go?

And who the hell is this guy?

I shut my door and lock it. I walk over to my desk and grab my chair. I put the chair in front of the door.

Drunk men scare me.

This one time my mom and dad fought so bad that my dad went to his friends house and my mom brought a guy home.

He ended up coming into my room when my mom passed out drunk.

Things happen.

I guess.

And I'm not going to let it happen again.

"What's up with the chair?" Aidan asks.

"Listen to me," I say as I sit next to Aidan. "be quiet. Don't make a sound. If that door knob moves, you shut the hell up. Got it?" I ask.

He looked concerned but nodded.

"Can you at-" He started but I cut him off.

"Hold on."

I got up and walked over to my window. I opened it and walked to my closet. I put on a hoodie and put some socks on.

"Get your jacket and shoes." I tell him.

I take my phone off charge and I can see the notifications where my friends have called and texted me.

Aidan got his stuff and grabbed his phone.

I put on a pair of my red converse and put my phone in my hoodie pocket.

"You can climb decently, right?" I ask.

"I guess?" He says.

"Good."

I grab my air pods and walk back over to my window, Aidan following behind me.

"Ok, don't slip. It rained earlier." I tell him.

It was evening now. Aidan had been here for hours.

I stepped on my roof and Aidan followed. There was a ladder by the roof. I put it there one day before I snuck out.

I'm smart I guess.

I make it to the ladder and climb down. I step by so Aidan can climb down too.

He steps down and I grab his hand. I drag him down the sidewalk and take out my air pods.

I connected them to my phone and turned music on.

I gave Aidan one of my air pods and we continued to walk down the sidewalk.

"Where are we going?" He asks.

"Park. I like it there."

----

A/n: I haven't updated in a bit 😶