Chapter 17

I was waiting with Lydia and Aidan outside. Calleigh and Shyanna were talking to Gabe.

I leaned my head on Aidan's shoulder as I sighed. "They're taking forever."

"Be patient." Aidan tells me.

"I'm not a patient person."

"Yeah, I know that, sweetheart, but you can't make time go any faster."

Excuse me?

Sweetheart?

I might faint.

"Ok," Shyanna walks over to us. "let's go."

Me, Lydia, Calleigh and Aidan follow.

Lydia drove, Calleigh sat in the passenger seat, Aidan sat to the left of me, I was in the middle, and Shyanna was on the right.

I played with the fabric of my jeans, bored.

Lydia, Shy, and Calleigh were all in conversation while me and Aidan were silent. I bit the skin off of my lips out of boredom.

"Don't do that." Aidan said. "It'll make your lips bleed."

"Yeah, but like, why does it matter?" I asked.

"Nevermind." He says.

He looks out the window and I sit there confused. Why would he care if my lips bleed?

*Time skip*

We all got to the skating rink and got a table. If we waited any longer, they'd all be taken. This place is busy on Fridays.

They started putting on their skates but I didn't know how to tie mine. Lydia normally does them for me so I wait. Aidan looks at me confused.

"I don't know how to tie them." I say.

"Oh." He kneels in front of me and starts to tie them.

I look over to the girls, who are all smiling. I look back to Aidan as he focuses on tying them.

"Thanks." I say as he raises back up.

"Of course."

"Ok," Calleigh says. "we're gonna go skate. You coming?"

"Yeah." I say, standing up, but Aidan doesn't. "Uh, actually, give us a minute."

They leave and I look at Aidan. "What's up?"

"I know how to tie the skates," He laughs. "but I don't know how to skate."

"How is that even possible?"

"Good question."

I skate over to him and hold out my hands. "Let me teach you then."

He grabs them and we go into the large area where people were skating. People holding hands, people on rollerblades.

Aidan was a little shaky but I made sure not to let him fall. I turn around and skate backwards so I can keep an eye on him.

He almost falls but he grabs the wall. "Don't fall, pretty boy." I laugh.

"I'm trying." He laughs along with me.

I go slow as I skate backwards so I don't leave him. I watch him and make sure he doesn't fall.

After a bit later he seemed to do better. He could skate without the wall. But he was still kind of slow.

"Can I do a few laps?" I ask him. "I just wanna get used to my skates some."

He nods and smiles at me and I leave.

Aidan's pov

I watched as she skated around the rink, moving her head lightly to the music.

(THEY NEVER PLAY GOOD MUSIC THERE ISTG)

She looked so pretty.

I tried to focus on my skating but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She skates so fast. She smiles as Lydia skates next to her. They talk a minute about something and I could see her face go slightly red.

Wonder what they're talking about.

Y/ns pov

Lydia skated next to me. "Hey!" She said.

"Hi," I replied. "having fun?"

"Yeah, but, uh," She smiles. "your lover boy is staring at you."

"What?" I blush.

"Aidan's been starting at you since you started skating."

"Lydia, if you're fucking with me right now-"

"I'm not!" She smirks. "But I bet he wishes he was."

"Lydia!"

She skates away giggling.

Was he really staring at me?

----

A/n: MY STOMACH HURTS YALL