Chapter 14

Tw: Mention of heroin and cocaine, weed, cigarettes, mention of death, and alcohol

I slowly open my eyes. I blink a few times before I sit up slowly. Only to find that Aidan wasn't in his room.

I got up and ran my fingers through my hair a bit. I opened his door and I could hear his voice downstairs.

I walked slowly because of me just waking up. I turned the corner of the stairs and their heads turned to me.

"Hey." He said as he stood up.

"What time is it?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"Uh," he said as he looked at his phone. "10:43."

"Can you take me home soon?"

"Yeah. I can take you now, if you want."

"Sure."

I look over at his parents who are looking at me, smiles on their faces.

I smile back at them and I turn to leave, hearing Aidan behind me.

I grab the stuff I brought with me last night and put my shoes on. Aidan grabs his shoes and starts to put them on too.

I finish putting my shoes on and I wait for Aidan.

I stare at him as he focuses on tying his shoe laces. I never noticed how cute he looks when he's concentrated.

Why am I even thinking about that?

He finishes tying his shoes and we leave.

"I'm assuming you won't be at school tomorrow?" He says.

"Oh shit." I say, now realizing I made Aidan miss school today. "You missed school today."

"Yeah," he says shrugging. "but it's ok because I was taking care of you."

I smile while looking down. If I'm blushing right now - which I probably am - I don't want him to see.

"Thanks."

"So you won't be at school?"

"Um," I start. "I don't necessarily wanna go back to my mom's. I might go to just get away from the house. I probably won't go though."

He nods. He looks disappointed.

"I'll sneak out to see you." I say before I can stop myself.

"Ok." He says smiling.

We keep walking until I notice someone. They were looking at me too.

It's Kyle. He's my mom's little dealer I guess you could say. He's given me weed and cigarettes before too. But I don't get them often.

"Y/n." I hear him say.

"Hold on," I say putting my hand on Aidan's chest to stop him. "stay here for a minute."

I walk over to Kyle.

"What do you want?"

"I need you to give this to your mom." He says as he pulls out a little bag with heroin in it.

(That was like the first thing that came to my mind.)

My mom does it sometimes. But she never did that much.

"There's more in that than what she usually does."

"Her husbands dead," he says. "cut her some slack."

"Cut her some slack?" I say angry. "I have been. There's random guys coming fucking my mother. She's getting drunk until she blacks out and I don't even know where she goes."

I push the hand that's holding the bag to his chest and walked a bit closer to him.

"I've already lost one parent, I'm not losing another one."

"You know how upset your mom's gonna get, right?"

"She'll probably beat the absolute shit out of me. But let me handle that." I tell him.

He sighs and starts to walk away.

I walk back over to Aidan.

"What was that?" He asks as we continue walking.

"Nothing," I say, not wanting to explain to him. "just something to do with my mom."

He nods and we continue walking.

*Time skip*

"Thanks." I say as I step up to my door.

"Yeah." He smiles at me.

"I'll see you maybe tomorrow? I'm not gonna go to school but I can walk you home after." I say.

"Sure." He smiles at me.

"Bye." I say as I walk into my house.

I'm immediately greeted with my mom.

"Where were you?" She asked.

"I was at a friend's house." I say sliding my shoes off.

"Who? Shyanna? Lydia? Calleighs?"

I hesitate. "Lydia's." I lie.

"Ok, did you get what Kyle gave you to give to me?"

"He tried," I say. "but I didn't take it."

I walk past her and walk to the kitchen. She quickly follows behind me.

"What the fuck Y/n? I need that!"

"You don't need heroin, mom." I tell her as I take my jacket off and set it on the table.

"Y/n-"

"You've never even liked heroin that much! You've always been a cocaine girl, and you didn't even take much of that." I tell her.

I open the fridge and get a coke out.

She scoffs at me and leans on the counter.

"You're one to talk," she says. "you smoke weed and cigarettes."

I set my coke down on the table and walk towards her.

"At least I don't drink and blackout. Or have random dudes come into my house and fuck me. Or take heroin or cocaine. I could turn out just like you, I just don't want to."

I grab my jacket and coke and go up to room.

----

A/n: Idk what to put today