Chapter 12

We made it to the park and I sat on one of the swings.

"I can't believe I'm hanging out with you." I say as I gently push my feet against the ground to make the swing go back and forth.

"Why?"

"Because, you're the popular boy. The boy almost every girl in our school drools over." I say.

He mumbled something that I couldn't hear and sat beside me on the other swing.

"What?" I ask.

"Not that many girls."

"Oh yes that many girls!"

"Name three."

"Amanda, Lila, Jenny, Chandler, Grace, Zoe, the other Zoey, Bella, Pey-" I ramble off.

"Ok! Ok, I get it. I'm a little bit of a player. But most of those girls happened a year ago." He says defending himself.

"Fair point." I say. "Also, why do you care about me?" I ask him.

He sits there staring at the ground. Almost as if he was thinking.

"It's what anyone would do." He says.

"No. No one would do that for me. And you're the last person I would imagine doing this. So tell me why you care, Aidan."

"Oh, so we're on first name basis now?" He says with a smirk.

"Yes. Now stop changing the subject. Why do you care? You wouldn't just get out of school and come to my house for no reason."

"You seem cool. And genuinely nice. So I wanted to try and be friends with you." He says.

I smile at him.

It was dark outside now. The dim streetlights didn't give off much light.

"You actually wanna be my friend? Me?" I ask him.

"Yes. You."

"You got my number right?" I ask.

"No." He says as he shakes his head.

I hold my hand out and he gives me his phone.

I put my number in and hand it back to him.

Aidan

We reached the park and she sat on the swing.

"I can't believe I'm hanging out with you." She says as she pushed herself on the swing a bit.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because you're the popular boy. The boy that almost every girl in our school drools over." She says.

"But not the girl I actually want." I mumble so only I could hear it as I sit on the swing next to her.

"What?" She asks.

"Not that many girls." I say playing it off.

"Oh yes that many girls!" She yells at me with a smile.

"Name three."

"Amanda, Lila, Jenny, Chandler, Grace, Zoe, the other Zoey, Bella, Pey-" She rambles but I cut her off.

"Ok! Ok, I get it. I'm a little bit of a player. But most of those girls happened a year ago." I say defending myself.

"Fair point." She says. "Also, why do you care about me?"

Shit shit shit. Think of an excuse.

"It's what anyone would do." I say.

No it's not. Let's be honest.

I feel something for this girl.

"No. No one would do that for me. And you're the last person I would imagine doing this. So tell me why you care, Aidan."

"Oh, so we're on first name basis now?" I ask with a smirk.

My only solution to this situation I'm in right now, is change the subject.

"Yes. Now stop changing the subject. Why do you care? You wouldn't just get out of school and come to my house for no reason."

Goddamnit Y/n.

"You seem cool. And genuinely nice. So I wanted to try and be friends with you." I say.

I'm lying straight through my teeth right now.

Well, sort of.

I wanna be her friend.

But also more.

"You actually wanna be my friend? Me?" She asks me surprised.

"Yes. You."

"You got my number right?" She asks.

"No." I say shaking my head.

She holds out her hand and I give her my phone.

She puts her number in and hands it back to me.

I type her name in as "Y/n :)" and put my phone back in my pocket.

"Let's go." She says.

----

A/n: I'm hella tired.