Chapter 5

Metanoia pov:

"Fine." She grumbled giving in.

"Ooh!" I agreed.

"I heard you say something this morning, you were asleep." I froze, I know what she might have heard and I'm not ready to tell that story yet.

"O-oh what was it?" I pushed further knowing i would regret it.

"You said something like 'no'." She said staring at me, i did regret it, i held back tears.

"I got to go." I quickly got up and started towards headquarters, tears threatened to fall. My eyes stung. I flew all the way to headquarters full on crying now.
~~~
"I couldn't-. Sh-she knows." I say hugging my boss.

"It's ok, did you tell her?"

"N-no im not ready to tell her." My voice was shaky and quivering from the crying.

"Thats fine, take your time. But you know you're just gonna continue spilling hints, until you tell her." He reassured me but gave me confidence.

"Y-yes i know." I came out of my tear attack, "Thanks Mr. O." I said before flying back to the house.
~~~
"What? Where did you go to?" Luce said as i flew back inside.

"Oh, its nothing. Don't worry about it." I tried to calm my nerves. "What are we gonna eat, im hungry." I whined.

"..but you ate like ten minutes ago."

"I know but i'm hungry again, y'know the weather." I stated hoping that would work. Truth is I'm not hungry, i just need to get my mind off this.

"Where do you wanna go?" She asked

"To a seafood place by the ocean." When i was living, seafood was my favorite.

"Cool, i love seafood."

          A while later we arrive at the restaurant. "Thanks for taking the trouble of driving here." I say truly apologizing because she drove here for nothing, 'cause i'm not hungry. Though i didn't tell her that.

"No problem, so why are we really here?" Shit, she saw through my lie.

"Damn, well i needed to get my mind off something." I admitted.

"What?" She asks trying to get me to speak up.

"Well, I'm not ready to tell you yet."

"I understand, lets go down to the beach and collect some seashells." Somethings wrong with her, she's actually being nice to me.

"Woo!" I cheered, "thank you." I whispered to myself because im grateful shes being nice to me but also because she says she understands, aka respects my boundaries.

We went down to the beach and collected lots of cool pretty shells. I found a sand dollar and since i cant keep it, "here!" I said giving it to Luce.

"Thanks!" She stared at it with wonder in her eyes, i saw a tint of pink on her cheeks, but i doubt she blushing.

I was happy, i loved the beach. As we splashed in the waves, tho i couldn't get wet, i used my wings to shove great waves of icy cold salt water on her. "AHH!" she squealed as she got drenched. I laughed, a genuine laugh. I havent laughed like that in a long time. It felt almost.. freeing. Like a bird has finally been let out of its cage.

After a long fun day we rested on the beach. Looking up at the sky, listening to the waves. We were pretty close to each other. It seemed like on instinct we both put our hands close to each other. And we interlocked our pinky's, she blushed a bit before saying, "Today was fun. I haven't had much fun because of the bullies, plus i dont really have friends to do fun stuff with." She commented in the peaceful serene moment.

"I have never had fun." I openly said, for some stupid reason.

"Really well, I guess since you are working 24/7."

"Yeah we angels dont get any fun." And i couldn't even admit to her the other half of why i never had fun.

"You hungry?"

"Sure! How about ice cream?"

"Yum! Lets go!"