Chapter 4: Possessed

His legs throbbed.  The wounds cut into his thighs burned.  The blood had finally dried down, and his dick, well... that had calmed down too.  Thank fuck.

It was dark in the room, no light making it through the door to the outside.  Without visual stimulation, all Colby could focus on was the information his other senses were giving him.  He could hear the creaking rustle of the chain that bound him, the faint sound of AC, and the movement of his own body.  He could still vaguely taste something like blood in his mouth, able to smell that and something sterile too.

He hated it.

He shifted his wrists, grateful that Sam had at least loosened the chain enough that he could get his weight off his wrists.  His arms tired out too much to fully just leave his wrists slack in the cuffs, but at least he wasn't supporting large pieces of his body weight with them.

He flexed his fingers.  The pinky finger on his left hand was still tingling.

What the actual fuck was wrong with Sam?  The whole grabbing his dick thing?  And the cutting him up?  And Colby was pretty sure Sam had threatened to fuck him too.

This went way beyond Sam just being vengeful for unequal popularity or finding Colby annoying.  This was... this was something else.  He was chained up and naked and cut up in a fucking dungeon.  By his best friend.

Something was wrong.  Something was very wrong.

Colby wasn't sure what Sam's plan was.  None of this made sense, the fact that Sam kept leaving the room, hurting him, Sam doing all this in the first place.  For the life of him he couldn't make it make sense in his head.  Why not just stay in the room and torture him non-stop?  If that was the plan?

What was his plan?

Something was clanging wrong in the back of his head.  This was so unlike Sam.  It was Sam's face and Sam's voice, but if either of those had been replaced, Colby wouldn't have any issues believing that it wasn't even Sam to begin with.

This wasn't Sam.

And that was when Colby recalled a conversation he'd had with Amanda just a few days after the Zak Bagan's investigation.

"Have you ever seen someone who was possessed?" Colby asked Amanda.

They were out to breakfast a few days after the Zak Bagans investigation.  Sam and Katrina and Stas were talking about something else on the other side of the table.  Colby had been half listening when the question occurred to him.

Amanda hesitated.  "I don't think so," She answered.  "I've never seen anything out of like, the Conjuring movie or anything.  I think attachments are the most I've ever seen."

"Do you know what they look like?"

Colby wasn't sure why he was asking.  Sam was fine.  After a good night's sleep, he hadn't even seemed tired this morning.  He was back to his normal energetic self.

But Amanda shook her head.  "Only stories," She said, "No mediums I've talked to have seen a real possession."  Colby's eyes moved to Sam, and she seemed to notice.  "I feel like I would be able to see if something had attached to him."

"You do?"

"Yeah..." Amanda stared at Sam for a few moments, turning back to Colby.  "Whatever was wrong with his energy... it's a lot less than it was, if it makes you feel any better."

"Yeah?" That did make him feel better.  He'd been kinda freaked out that Amanda had seen anything on Sam after he passed out.

"Yeah," She confirmed, giving him a small smile. "There's still something there, but it's a lot less than it was.  I've been watching him too."