Chapter 9: Rescue

"Sam?"

Katrina couldn't believe what she was seeing.  That was Sam, looking disheveled at best, shirt off, flushed, staring at her in surprise.  There was something off about his eyes, but Katrina was pulled from examining them more closely by the sight behind Sam.

It was a man, naked and bloody, chained down to some sort of two tiered table.  There was a hood over his face, obscuring his identity.  He was exposed, and while Katrina didn't want to stare too long, she couldn't help but notice the redness and lube around his rectum, the sex toy still wrapped around his dick.

Her stomach clenched up.  Had Sam... was this some sort of cheating thing?  Had she just walked in on him having sex with some guy?

Her lungs felt like they had no air, and her eyes moved quickly from the man to Sam and back again.

It was on the second look that it clicked.  Because it was with a horrifying realization that she knew this guy, and didn't need his face to identify him.

Colby's tattoos told her who it was.

"Is that Colby?" She demanded, her voice louder this time.  Her heart had started to pick up pace in her chest.  She didn't understand.  Was Sam fucking Colby?  Was this the first time, or... What the fuck was going on here?

Sam started to talk, a calm utterance of her name leaving his mouth, but it was immediately drowned out by Colby's yell.

"Katrina, get the fuck out of here!  That's not Sam!"

Colby's voice sounded wrecked, like he'd been crying or screaming or... fuck, maybe it was both, if she took in everything that his appearance was telling her.  He was naked, and there was... someone had...

And Sam looked flushed, like he had just been actively...

Sam had been fucking Colby.  There was no other explanation that made sense.  And while her heart wanted to shatter with pain that Sam and Colby had been doing this behind her back, there was more to this.

Colby's yell told her this wasn't a regular thing.  That wasn't how he'd react to her finding him and Sam sleeping together.  She thought she knew him well enough for that at this point.  There'd be apologies, excuses, not a panicked yell for her to get away.

So... if this wasn't a regular thing, then that means...

Her brain made a horrible connection, and her eyes flew to Sam again.  He was moving towards her.  "Sam?" She asked weakly, "What's going on?"

This didn't feel like a prank.  This was way too much for a prank.  What the fuck was going on?

OOO

Fuck, Katrina...

Of all the people he most wanted to see... of all the people he most wanted to stay away...

"Katrina..." The demon spoke with his voice, and Sam immediately noticed how it tried to soften his voice, trying to mimic him more.  When Colby yelled out a warning, Sam felt the fury that flashed through the demon, the brief urge to kill .

"No!" Sam yelled, struggling again against his mental restraints.  First Colby, now the demon was going for Kat.  Fuck, he didn't want to imagine what it would do to her.  "No, stop, please!"

He didn't know how she'd found them, but he knew that if the demon got his hands on her...

Katrina looked frozen, her brown eyes moving between him and Colby.  "Sam... what's going on?" She asked.

He wanted to warn her, he wanted to scream for her to run, to beg for her to get out of here, somewhere where it was safe.  It was bad enough he'd already raped Colby, but Katrina... But no matter how much he struggled, the demon overrode his willpower to move towards Katrina.