Chapter 12: Gone

"Don't touch me, don't fucking touch me, please!"

"Colby!"

Colby flailed as he was awoken from sleep.  He caught Kat's face, recognized her voice retroactively, and then his breath caught when the pain from all his injuries re-downloaded.

When they'd reached out to John, he'd informed them that he would need a little bit of time to prepare, promising that he would be there by 8, which had been about six hours from the time they'd called him.  With those details settled, the only thing left to do was wait.

They'd ordered Postmates, and after Colby consumed literally the most delicious burger he'd ever eaten, the exhaustion from the last 24 hours had hit him.

Anxiety and worry over Sam or not, his body was fucking tired.  He'd tried to stay awake, not really wanting to sleep when all of this was still going on, but not even the pain of rigging a makeshift cast around his wrist and ankle had been able to stop the yawns.

They'd wrapped what was left of Colby's shirt around his broken limbs, then reinforced the fabric with some duct tape they'd found.  Several layers of duct tape did help to prevent his wrist and ankle from moving too much, and it was probably the only reason why he didn't reinjure himself with the way he jerked away from Kat's touch when she woke him.

Her face was worried, but kind.  "Hey Colby, John said he was about thirty minutes out and I thought you might wanna like... wake up a bit, before he got here."

Colby blinked at her, having a hard time registering her words for a moment because of the lasting pain and trauma from the dream.  Then he nodded, pulling his wrist into his chest and grimacing,  "Yeah, uh... good call."

He tried to mentally force away the images from the nightmare.  He was fine.  He was safe.

He wasn't chained up and at that thing's mercy anymore.

Kat seemed to read him.  "Bad dreams?" She asked.

There was no reason to lie to her.  "Yeah," He admitted.

Kat's face went soft.  "We're gonna get rid of it," She said.  "John's gonna get that thing out of him and..." She swallowed.

Colby could hear the hope in her voice.  The desperate hope.  He nodded, not able to let himself believe otherwise.  "It's gonna be okay."

Kat gave him a nervous smile.  Seemed like they were both anxious for this.  He groaned, pushing himself to sitting.  "You wanna help me get in the chair?"

John sat them all down to explain the process when he arrived.

"Demons are... tricky." He said.  The older black man wore what Colby would have thought of as a pretty standard priest suit, with the all black and the white collar.  "You said it admitted to being a demon?"

"Yeah," Kat answered that question.  Colby vaguely remembered it confessing that to her while it had her pinned.

"It came from the Zak Bagan's museum," Stas added.  "I don't know if that helps you?"  Her knees were pressed together, her hands pressed into her lap.  She leaned into Katrina for comfort.

The priest only looked confused.  "I don't believe I've heard of that?"

"It's a collection of like... haunted things," Katrina explained.  "There was this haunted chair and Sam sat in it and then he like... passed out...?"

John shook his head.  "I haven't heard of it.  But I can tell you that having that many spirits in one place..." He signed.  "Generally not a good idea."  He had some variety of southern accent.  Colby couldn't quite place it.