Chapter 8: Incliment

Katrina drove nervously, having to remind herself to unclench her hands from the steering wheel.

The boys were probably fine. There was probably a completely normal, logical reason that Sam and Colby both weren't answering her. Because that was weird, right? Because at least one of them would usually answer her. They covered for the other being busy pretty well.

This wasn't normal.

Katrina glanced in the rear view mirror, seeing worried hazel eyes reflecting back at her.

She pushed her eyes back to the road.

It was probably fine. It was probably nothing.

She was probably worked up over nothing...

OOO

Colby almost fell again when he was pulled from the tub. His hands reached out on instinct, gripping into Sam's arm when it pulled his collar. His arm was so familiar, so, so fucking familiar. The way it tugged cruelly at the metal around his neck was not.

"Fuck..." He breathed out, just wanting so badly for everything to stop. "Sam... Sam please... help me..."

"Sam's not going to help you," Sam's voice replied back to him. "He's excited for what we have next..."

"No, he's not," Colby retorted, but his voice was weak. "You're forcing both of us."

Sam wouldn't willingly put either of them through this. He wouldn't.

So why wasn't he fighting for Colby?

"You just keep telling yourself that," The demon said, and Colby had no choice but to follow as he was pulled from the bathroom.

OOO

Sam couldn't watch this anymore.

"Fuck you, let us go!" He thrashed against the mental bonds holding him hostage. He had to try, God, he had to.

But the bonds that held him were strong. Where he had been able to wiggle free before the demon was stronger now. Stronger and actively gaining strength from the suffering coming from him and Colby. Because of his connection with the demon he could feel it, the way it rushed like heated energy through his veins, into his chest. It was curling and coursing like some wild river through him, equal in power and force.

He needed to fight it, he knew he had to. But right then the demon's strength felt as useless to fight as trying to swim upstream at Niagara Falls.

All the while, he both heard and felt the demon's laugh at his attempts, at his desperate struggle.

He wanted to fight it, knew he had to, but the demon was too strong now, and the grip it held him in was iron.

He could hear Colby begging uselessly as he was pulled along, and that broke something in him. Colby was sharp and sarcastic, strong and steadfast. While he'd certainly seen Colby emotional before, he'd never seen this level of broken from his best friend.

God, Sam just wanted to break free for him, for Colby , break free and hold Colby against his chest (if he'd even ever let Sam touch him again). He desperately wanted to free Colby from all the awful restraints and tell him everything was going to be okay.

But the shackles that bound them both held fast.

The demon had them completely at its mercy.

Colby was led over to the tiered bench. He lost his balance when his shins hit the lower platform, and Sam heard the pained noise that falling and catching his weight with his hands on the upper platform induced.