The Funeral

Today is the day SUNNY's funeral... it is raining...Everyone gathered with an umbrella

MARI'S POV:

Me, BASIL, HERO, AUBREY, and KEL are crying in front of SUNNY's casket...

I looked at SUNNY's pale face... He looks so peaceful sleeping there... His right eye is bandage while the other one isn't...
SUNNY in the casket... He is sorrounded with white tulips

'SUNNY... Dont make me hopeless... Open your eyes... SUNNY... Open your eyes if you still can... SUNNY... I love you as my little sunshine... SUNNY...'

'Why am i still hoping that SUNNY will wake up?... He will never be awake... No matter how i do... He isn't... Coming back to me...
He is dead... He is gone... Because of-.... no... im sure it is not me, maybe... there is SOMETHING that made SUNNY commit suicide right?...... right?'

This tears isn't stop streaming at my face...
HERO holds the umbrella for the two of us... Because it is raining... Even AUBREY, KEL and BASIL have one too... The sun isn't coming out yet because it is raining... Nor a rainbow isn't there too...

30 minutes later, everybody left. Mom and Dad is ready to criminate SUNNY. While they criminate him... Me, BASIL, HERO, AUBREY and KEL are infront of the tree where SUNNY hanged himself...

MARI: this is all my fault...

BASIL: No MARI, it is not your fault.

AUBREY: yeah MARI, dont blame yourself! We all just have to stay strong for SUNNY! No one is at fault for what happened... Right HERO?

HERO nod slowly

HERO: yes MARI they are right... Everything is going to be okay...

KEL: They are right, no one is to blame! Sigh i wish the rain stops...

BASIL: still, i dont know why SUNNY do it... And i know that there's a reason why he do that!

MARI: i- im the reason he died!

BASIL: no MARI-

MARI: BASIL, AUBREY, KEL, HERO... Everyone please listen to me! I am really the one who caused this!

Everybody went silent, BASIL became serious and he replied to me with a deep tone... I think he is glaring at me with curiosity...

BASIL: Go on

BASIL is all ears... Same as The others, while HERO looks at me with a worried and concern expression... Maybe he is hoping nothing bad happens...

MARI: i- im the reason SUNNY died because i made him practice all day with no rest so that he can perfectly play the violin on our recital... I pushed him hard to play his role on the song perfectly as it is... And me Not knowing he is tired and stressed out... And that cause him to throw his violin and on that last night, i yell at him for broking his violin... And said hurtful words of him being useless... And i left him crying on his room... And then when i wanted to apologize for what i did, Me and HERO search for him every room on my house and then we go to the backyard and saw him hanging...

Everbody is dead silent.... I feel like a million eyes is staring at me....

MARI: im so sorry, it's all my fault that he... *Sniff* died *hic*... So it was me the one to blame-

HERO came to me to comfort me and whispered to me

HERO: No MARI, you're crying again... It's okay it's okay

...

Everyone is silent

MARI: K- KEL?

KEL: M- MARI... I know y- you didn't mean it to say hurtful words t- to SUNNY... B- but im s- sure he didn't do it because of it! T- there's another reason! And i- it's.... Its... Its... It is... (Dammit why cant i say it?)

KEL is trembling and crying, but he wipes his tears before it streams to his face...

KEL: im sorry i can't tell *sniff*

MARI: ...

I turned to AUBREY

MARI: A- AUBREY?

AUBREY: i- uh maybe KEL is right! There maybe something is reason why he do that! Uh- im s- sure o- of i- it...

AUBREY is trembling with fear too... But it's weird cause this is the first i see her agrees with KEL...

AUBREY: and i k- know that this thing is not your fault! I- i- i k- kn- know i- it...

This is the first time i see her stuttering and is struggling to speak words...

AUBREY: You have no fault and you dont deserve to be b- blame! It w- was j- just a- an a-cci de- dent! R- right? BASIL?

We turned to BASIL, who is silent the whole time...

MARI: B- BASIL?

His blonde hair is covering his eyes... and i can tell he has a frown face... As BASIL starts to approach me... And when he is near me... He raised his hands and..... He....

PUNCH ME...

BASIL'S punch is so hard that he punch me with all his might with rage in his eyes... And that cause me to fall down hard on the floor... It hurts... It hurts... BASIL'S punch left a mark on my face... It hurts... It hurts...

As AUBREY, KEL and HERO stand there shocked on what basil just did to me... HERO rushed to me

HERO: m- MARI! Are you okay?

MARI: y- yes, im fine...

KEL: MARI!

AUBREY: BASIL! WHY DID YOU DO THAT!

BASIL looks at me... His red eyes... He is furious and in rage...

BASIL: AUBREY! SHE DESERVES TO BE TREATED THIS WAY!

KEL: B- BUT MARI IS OUR FRIEND!

BASIL: WHEN DID I TREAT HER AS MY FRIEND?

As he said that we froze... And i think i know... The next word... He'll going to say...

BASIL: BECAUSE OF HER, SUNNY DIED! HE COMMITTED SUICIDE AND IT'S ALL HER FAULT!

HERO: BASIL CALM DOWN AND APOLOGIZE TO MARI!

BASIL: .....heh.... Apologize? ..... To whom?.... To that bish i punched? She who everyone loves? She who is such a horrible perfectionist? She WHO IS THE REASON HE DID IT!?

AUBREY: BASIL! This isn't you!

BASIL ignored AUBREY...

BASIL: NOT EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS PERFECT!

Then BASIL stop... Glaring and staring at me...

BASIL: i wonder....

He looked down... then... We heard a small chuckle that comes form BASIL...

BASIL: will he ever forgive you?

As he stared at me with his red eyes... I shivered... He is scary... This... Isn't... The BASIL... We know...

Before BASIL left us... He said SOMETHING that i will never forget...

BASIL: i wish it was you who died

As he left, leaving me crying while The others is helping me getting up..... And i ran leaving the three there... I ran upstairs... And goes to SUNNY'S bedroom and there i cried... I cried sooo hard... I lay down at SUNNY'S bed....

MARI: i wish it was me... Who died and this wouldn't happen...

And then i fall asleep on SUNNY'S bed...

~•~•~•~••~•~~••~•~•~~•~••~•~•~•~•~

-1143 words

I am literally tired and have some business to do now soooo bye guys! I hope you have a good stay and thank you for the ones who waited patiently for an update! See ya soon!