Dates and dances (part 3)

"Um....Ms?" I felt something poking my cheek.

"I'll be up in a minuet Jesse. Just hang on..." I cracked open my eyes to discover a blue sky.

A hot boy.

And coldness.

I sit up faster than lightning and look at the boy.

"You're not Jesse." I say wide eyed.

"That I am not." He smiled and pulled his jacket closer around him.

I looked around me. I was in the park with a quilt wrapped around me.

"Are you homeless?" He asked. His brown eyes scrunching up in puzzled-meant. "I mean.... Are you?"

"No!" I grab the blanket and stand up, "Do perhaps know the time?"

He pulls out his phone (which is a iPhone 6) and I'm guessing checks the time.

"It's nine o'clock." He states with a shrug.

"Shit!" I yell and begin to run to the sidewalk. "I've got to get home!"

"Wait!" The boy yells. I turn to look at him.

"What!"

"What's your name?" He rubs his hands on his jeans.

"Esther. Esther Hall...." I look into his eyes, "And yours?"

"Sam." Sam flashes me a smile and I roll my eyes.

"Bye Sam." And with that I ran through the snowy streets. All the way to a starbucks.

***

@LizTheQueen: Guess what guz. I just saw @/StarHall running home with a quilt! She is homeless!!! XD

@KIMISDABEST: @LizTheQueen I'm at StarBucks and she just walked in! Ugh total loser! She's asking to use the phone!

@LizTheQueen: Um..... Kim. You know you can spill coffee on her! XD

***

"Hi! How can I help you?" The girl at the counter asked.

"Um.... Hi. Can I use a phone? I left mine at my house and...... Can I just use it?" I bite my lip.

"Sure! Hang on!" The cashire walked away and returned with a flip phone. "This is the companies phone! Just return it to who's ever at the counter when you're done!" She winked at me and away.