Regrets

The music is now just getting sloppy.

There is no beat to it and all of the words involve doing the nasty.

I check my phone for the billionth time and see that it is almost the New Year.

I scan the dance floor for any sign of the boys and come up with nothing. I honestly do no think that there is any way for me to enjoy this party anymore. 

I don't know what kind of drug I was on in the beginning of the night, but that drug is long out of my system. 

Finally, I spot Jordan. He waves at me and waltzes over to where I stand. 

"What are you up to?" I ask with a snap. All I want to do is go home, and not that I want to rain on the boys' parade.... But my head feels like it is gong to explode.

"Woah, woah," Jordan begins. "Who put your panties in a wad?"

"That would be you. In ninth grade. Do you not remember?"

Jordan's cheeks turn bright red, "Yea... about that... Haha..."

"You don't have any comment that will make me forgive you on that," I state in practically a growl. 

"Fine," he slowly agrees with me, "but Jesse told me to come over here and get you."

"Why?"

"Because it's almost New Year's and he for some reason wants to see you."

"Dude," I look at him dumbfound, "New Years is in like twenty seconds." I even gesture to the clock counting down to prove my point. 

Jordan's eyes go wide and he quickly pulls me into a sea of lights and people counting down.

10..........

9.........

8........

7....... With a shove past more people, Jordan bustles me past them. 

6......

5......

4.... By this point I can see Jesse and Chris.

3...

2..  Jordan practically throws me at Jesse. I don't even know how, but Jesse's arms wrap around me protectively. And together we shout:

"1! Happy New Year!"

====

When we got home it was 8:30 am. My mom wouldn't be home for another half hour. I feel bad for her, I mean when ever there is any issue she is called in and she has to be at the office every day anyway.  By the time the party was over, I just wanted to sleep. I was tired and I horrid bone smashing headache was in motion. 

"Guys," I stop the boys at the door, "Go away. I'll see you tomorrow!" 

"Wait," Jesse says, stopping me from shutting the door. "You going to get a ride there? Or should we pick you up?"

"It will seem more believable if you guys pick me up," I state and then shut the door. 

Going into the kitchen I see Danny sleeping with his head on the table. 

Going right up to his ear I yell; "DANNY BOY!" 

Shooting out of his chair, Danny glares at me. "Ms.Esther, that's just rude! Hey," He says, noticing my change of attire, "Where did your smokin' outfit go?" 

"Oh you know, Cinderella can only last so long!" I go over to the money jar and grab the amount I owe Danny, "Here you go!" I say while handing him the money, "Did she give you any problems?" I grit my teeth, just wanting to go to bed. 

"No Ms.Esther. Good day." With that Danny left. 

Right before he opened the door I hollered, "Danny, my name is only Esther."

Smiling he replied, "Okay only Esther."

Once he had left, I sluggishly made my way up the stairs. Getting to my room I change into my own clothes, and fall fast asleep under my covers. 

What a crappy way to start the New Year.

====

"Esther...." I feel my head being stroked. "Honey, you have to wake up."

"Mph."

"Honey, if you wake up I won't get mad that you went to a party."

Bolting awake I glare at her, "Jenny told you didn't she?"

Mum grinned, "Right when she saw me this morning. I've trained her so well!" 

I shuffle in bed and pain shoots up my spine, "Ugh."

"What's wrong?" Mum asks patting my forehead. "Did you drink? Do you have a headache?"

"Yes." I mutter. 

"I'll get the asprin. I have been waiting for the day you finally got drunk you know! I can go all protective mo mo on you!" She laughs as she goes into my bathroom. 

I hear her shuffling around and I slowly get up out of bed. 

"Was it fun?" She asks while filling up a glass of water. 

The memories of last night flashed through my head. 

"No. I much would have stayed home."

"Well, it's too late to change what happened now, here." Mum hands me the medicine and water. Gulping it down I make my way back to bed. "Esther," I freeze in my tracks. 

"Yes mummy?" I slowly turn around. 

"You went to a party and all, but it is one o'clock. You have a horse to take care of and Christmas decor to take down. I have to take Jenny to a play date, all of the things I just said should be done when I get back." She looks at me sternly.

"Yes mother." I groan and make my way downstairs. 

===

I first took down the tree and the decor. Then I picked up the other Christmas decorations that were just there and put the box downstairs. I took the tree and set it up against the house. Walking down to the barn - in very much pain might you know - I then cleaned out Nights pen and trotted him around his pasture. 

Getting back into the house I collapse on the couch. 

I was in so much pain.

Every muscle in my body ached like I had been punched a thousand times. 

Just as I had started to doze off, my mum came home. 

"Esther!" She called out. "There was some emergency at work, I have to pick up some papers than leave. I'll be back to make supper most likely. Okay?"

"Yup, sure, I'll be here. Dead. Bye." I holler out to her.

I hear her run through the house, and as quick as she had entered, she had left. 

Snuggling deeper into the couch I then finally fall back asleep.

====

A/N: So yea. This is what is going on; I changed the bio for the story so it goes more with what I'm planning to write. Don't worry, it hasn't changed TOO much. I hope you understand that nothing will be different, Esther will still fake being Jesse's girlfriend, there will still be plenty of witty moments, the only thing different is now she will be worried if she is pregnant or not. 

Thanks! Also, if you find out what year Esther is, please comment on where I wrote that. I'm aging her up to a senior. I just wanted her to be older and I can't find where I said her age group. So please comment on that so I know to change it!

THANKS SO MUCH *hugs and gives food* I hope you enjoy what I've changed and planned!