36

"What's going on?" I stopped in the middle of the shop.

Everything was flipped. The tables, the dishes, the cups, the chairs, the paintings. The whole cafe was a disaster.

"Which ever lunatic did this was wrong to mess with us. They even left a note." Ms. Choi handed me a piece of red paper that was sized like an average office sticky note.

HANDS OFF BITCH I'M WARNING YOU!

"Ah ya yay, whoever this is has a huge amount of hate towards you boss. I can't even tell who from all the people you've encountered." Jerome picks up a chair and sits on it, sighing. "Got any idea who could have done this? I mean the allies of those big three are already suspects by now."

Possible, but not necessary. Now that their big bosses are in jail and dead, there's nothing in it for them to take justice into their own hands.

Who else has the advantage of messing with me?

"Has anything strange happened to you?"

"Recently a strange girl that I helped in Felix's agency creeped me out. She was alone in the parking lot when I was about to go home with Felix. She...has this eerie vibe." 

JEROME'S POV

Holy shit. I can't believe someone would do something like that to Boss. But this is kind of expected. Advance condolences to whoever that was. 

"Could she be some stalker? Obsessed with your boyfriend?" I suggested resting my arms and my chin on the backrest. I was sitting backward. 

"Possible. I can look into it myself if that's the case. But...something really is off about her. It makes my skin crawl." She holds her arms and discomfort shows on her face.

Working for Boss for the last six years, I sometimes can't figure her out. But one thing is for sure, she is strong. I look up to her secretly, that was my reason for continuing to work for her. Then I became close with Ms. Choi and fell in love. 

I'm glad I met the Boss, she pays really well too ehehe.

"Anyway besides this, I have another thing I need all of you to be alarmed about."

Another mission? Her stance changed to formal. It reminds me of a general.

"There is competition heating up between my grandfather's company and a rookie. Which we can refer to as a treat."

"Let me guess, It's Enhypen." France sighs knowingly. How come that's the first I heard of that company?

"Yes. For now, I need their origins and all the information about the people involved in its evolution. Don't underestimate even the least details. Report all of it to me." 

"Did the director personally order this?" Ms. Choi asked as she adjusted her glasses.

"Yes, The Enhypen from what I know, is the descendent company of the former White Tigers. Although they have retired entirely, their rules and ways are most likely to be evident in Enypen."

"White Tigers? Do you mean the Big Seven?" I asked. YN nods. "Holy, if these rookies are the prodigies of those crazy geniuses, I wouldn't even be surprised if they have ranked on the top charts tomorrow."

"I do hope nothing big will come out of this mission. We'd like to lay low in the meantime but if casualties occur...let them. I'll deal with them myself-"

"There you go again." I cut her off. "Can't you let us clean after our mess like usual? You've gone awfully soft, Boss."

"Is that... what it looks like? I want to be extra careful."

Must be because of Sir Felix. I know what it means to protect the people you love. 

"Enhypen will gain popularity, Kang Company will be challenged... I'd like everyone to be careful and watch each other's back. This is not just simple business competition." YN puts down the note and leaves us first in a hurry.

YN POV

I have to see him, now.

Was what I wanted to do. But I was stopped by a tall man. I already saw him from inside the cafe so I hurried to leave. 

"Long time no see. You look really good without the military uniform." His eyes were playful as they scanned me up and down.

"Looks like you finally got out of that hell of a box." I narrow my eyes at him. "I'm not really glad to see you, Heeseung. What are you doing on this side of town?"

"Chill, I'm not here to fight...yet." He smirks and steps closer. "A lot of people want you YN, do you know that? Such a beast prodigy you are. You look different since the last time we met. You're more pretty now."

"Those days were long overdue, Heeseung. Don't bother me." 

"I'm afraid that I can't let you go today, how about we talk somewhere we can be just the two of us? I don't want your subordinates to see us together." 

I knew what he was up to. I glance one last time in the store, France, Ms. Choi, and Jerome... I'm sorry. Looks like I'll be dealing with this myself after all.

[OKAY SO IT LOOKS LKE THE STORY IS NOT OVER YET........ HEHE WE STILL NEED MORE BACK STORY ON THE YEARS THEY WERE APART RIGHT RIGHT???]