Chapter Sixteen

Sally's P.O.V

"You've all received the official statement of what occurred at Stark Industries last night. There have been unconfirmed reports that a robotic prototype malfunctioned and caused damage to the arc reactor. Fortunately, a member of Tony Stark's personal security staff..." Rhodey was saying.

 I was sitting in a room back stage reading up on last night and there were calling me Iron Girl. I looked over and saw mum covering up all dad's cuts and bruises.

"Iron Man that's kind of catchy it's got a nice ring to it. I mean, it's not technically accurate. The suit's a gold-titanium alloy, but it's kind of evocative, the imagery, anyway" dad said.

"Here's your alibies" Agent Coulson said walking in giving one to dad "Okay" dad said Coulson gave me one "You were on your yacht We have port papers that put you in Avalon all night, and sworn statements from 50 of your guests" Agent Coulson said.

"See, I was thinking maybe we should say it was just Pepper and me alone on the island" dad said "wow thanks" I said sarcastically "why you complaining you would throw a party the second we leave the house" dad said.

"Just read it, word for word" Agent Coulson said "There's nothing about Stane here" dad said "That's being handled. He's on vacation Small aircraft have such a poor safety record" Agent Coulson said.

"But what about the whole cover story that there bodyguards? He's my... I mean, is that...That's kind of flimsy, don't you think?" dad said "This isn't my first rodeo, Mr. Stark Just stick to the official statement and soon, this will all be behind you You've got 90 seconds" Agent Coulson said checking his watch.

I don't want this to be behind me I enjoy being Iron Girl. "Let's get this show on the road" mum said walking back in.

"You know, it's actually not that bad Even I don't think I'm Iron Man" dad said "You're not Iron Man" mum said.

"Am so" dad said back "You're not" mum said "All right, suit yourself You know, if I were Iron Man, I'd have this girlfriend who knew my true identity. She'd be a wreck, cause she'd always be worrying that I was going to die, yet so proud of the man I'd become She'd be wildly conflicted, which would only make her more crazy about me. Tell me you never think about that night" dad said "What night?" mum said "You know" dad said.

"Are you talking about the night that we danced and went up on the roof and then you went downstairs to get me a drink and you left me there, by myself?" mum said "oh great job dad" I said laughing dad glared at me.

"Is that the night you're talking about?" mum said dad hummed "Thought so" mum said "Will that be all, Mr. Stark?" mum said "Yes, that will be all, Miss Potts" dad said.

We walked out onto the stage "Been a while since I was in front of you. I figure I'll stick to the cards this time"

"There's been speculation that we were involved in the events that occurred on the freeway and the rooftop..." dad said.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Stark" I looked over and saw it was the reporter "but do you honestly expect us to believe that that 2 bodyguards in a suits that conveniently appeared, despite the fact that you..." she said "I know that it's confusing. It is one thing to question the official story, and another thing entirely to make wild accusations, or insinuate that I'm a superhero" dad said.

"I never said you were a superhero" she said "Didn't? Well good because that would be outlandish and fantastic. I'm just not the hero type. Clearly With this laundry list of character defects, all the mistakes I've made, largely public" dad went on.

"Just stick to the cards, man" Rhodey said "Yeah, okay. Yeah" dad said this isn't going anywhere "The truth is" dad said "I am Iron Girl" I said "I am Iron Man" dad said not a second after and everyone jumped up and applauded everyone but the reported.