Chapter Ten

Sally’s P.O.V

Dad had finished new adjustments to his suit and was testing them again.

“Day 11, test 37, configuration 2.0 For lack of a better option Dummy is still on fire safety If you douse me again, and I'm not on fire, I'm donating you to a city college All right nice and easy Seriously just gonna start off with 1% thrust capacity and three, two, one” dad said then the repulsores lifted him up into the air he landed.

“Please don't follow me around with it, either cause I feel like I'm gonna catch on fire spontaneously Just stand down! If something happens, then come in and again let's bring it up to 2.5.Three, two, one” dad said and he was off again.

“Okay, this is where I don't want to be! Not the car, not the car! Table! Could be worse! Could be worse we're fine! Okay No” dad landed I stare at him amazed forgetting about my work.

“Yeah, I can fly” dad said he walked over to the platform and the whole suit was put him then dads face showed up on my monitor “stay here I’m going out.”

“What” I said then he ended the call I put my boot on over my metal cast /put the other one on and the hand pieces I tested it then got the whole suit on and flew out.

“OMG THIS IS AMAZING” I yelled spinning around I stopped and saw dad recovering from a fall and saw pieces of ice on his suit “JARVIS connect me to dad’s suit” I said.

“What happened” I yelled “I tried to beat the recorded for hang on a second I told you to stay inside” he said “I couldn’t resist and you above all people should know I don’t follow the rules” I said.

We flew around for a bit then I landed on the roof dad hovered above then said “kill power” and we smashed through the roof threw the next floor into the basement and destroyed one of dads car.

“Thank god that wasn’t my car” I said “great job dad” I said my back and arm hurt like a bitch.

JARVIS took our suits off and dad kicked a chair he picked up the coffee then opened the package it was the old arc reactor I walked over to see what it said ‘proof that Tony Stark has a heart’ I started laughing dad just ignored me and drank his coffee.

Dad went upstairs and I sat down in my spiny chair put my broken leg on the table then dad came down with ice packs he chucked one to me and I put it on my arm.

“How long till the metal cast can come off” I asked dad “other three weeks” dad said “three weeks” I yelled putting my leg back on the floor “yep” dad said.

He sat in his spiny chair “Notes Main transducer feels sluggish at plus 40 altitude Hull pressurization is problematic I'm thinking icing is the probable factor” dad said to JARVIS  “A very astute observation, sir” JARVIS said I smirked.

“Perhaps, if you intend to visit other planets, we should improve the ecosystems Connect to the sys. Have it reconfigure the shell metals Use the gold titanium alloy from the seraphim tactical satellite that should ensure fuselage integrity while maintaining power-to-weight ratio got it?” dad said to JARVIS.

“Yes Shall I render using proposed specifications?” JARVIS said “Thrill me” dad said.

Then dad stopped talking and I could her the TV “Tonight's red-hot red carpet is right here at the Disney Concert Hall, where Tony Stark's and his daughter Sally Stark’s  third annual benefit for the Firefighter's Family Fund has become the place to be for L.A.'s high society” the news reporter said.

“JARVIS, we get an invite for that?” dad asked “I have no record of an invitation, sir” JARVIS said.

“Hasn't been seen in public since there bizarre and highly controversial press conference Some claim their suffering from posttraumatic stress and has been bedridden for weeks Whatever the case may be, no one expects an appearance from them tonight” she finished.

“The render is complete” JARVIS said “A little ostentatious, don't you think” dad said I looked over at the render and saw a dads suit completely gold.

“What was I thinking you're usually so discreet” JARVIS said “Tell you what Throw a little hot-rod red in there” dad said “Yes, that should help you keep a low profile” JARVIS said.

“Sal what do you want” dad asked me I looked up at the mark three on the monitor it’s was completely silver “Put a bit of blue in there” I told JARVIS.

“The render is complete” JARVIS said “Hey I like it Fabricate it Paint it” dad said “Yeah JARVIS same with mine” I said happy with this way my suit looked.

“Commencing automated assembly Estimated completion time is five hours” JARVIS said. 

“Don’t wait up for me, honey” dad told JARVIS I walked into my room went in my walk in robe got changed into a suit fixed up my hair picked up my phone and sun glasses and headed down to the basement.

“JARVIS where’s dad” I asked “coming down now” JARVIS said as dad walked down the stairs we hopped in the STARK 4 and headed off to the party.