Chapter 19

A Week Earlier

Ruby sat in her parents' bedroom, silver blankets wrapped around the heiress while the vampire had spun the chair to Summer's vanity around, lost in her memories of climbing in their bed after a nightmare.

Sneaking in with Yang to play with Summer's make up; or when Raven or Tai were dealing with the dying Yang, and Ruby, not knowing what it truly meant, confessed to not wanting to be left behind.

Yang had been dying and she'd been more worried about getting left out; the only human that would have been left in the family.

Ruby scowled at the selfish memory, Summer and Qrow refusing, but the child determined; she stared at Weiss, thinking of how she was now the odd one out, and if she'd wake up begging to be turned as well.

Ruby's eyes flickered red, her naive nature replacing Weiss' wishes as she moved toward the bed, fangs bared ready to satisfy her selfish curiosity; what animal would Weiss be?

----------

The few customers screamed in surprise as a faunus with dark hair and a tail leapt through the window.

Grinning gleefully as people ran past him, out the door, workers included.

"It's so nice when they run, makes the hunt more... enjoyable." Tyrian sighed happily, turning to chase after the small crowd.

"Hey!" Ruby snapped, standing from the nearby table.

Weiss just facepalmed. "Ruby..."

"Ooh!" Tyrian sniffed the air. "Fellow vampires, I see."

"Vampire." Weiss corrected into her hand, gesturing to Ruby.

Tyrian glanced between them curiously, then shrugged. "You turned her without telling?" he tutted.

Ruby's eyes flashed red in warning. "I have told her." she lied.

Tyrian raised an eyebrow. "Really."

"No," Weiss admitted, sending Ruby a sharp, red glare.

Tyrian giggled gleefully. "See!"

Weiss turned, eyes the same color as the faunus' in front of them; Ruby's eyes silver with fear, waiting for Weiss to start shouting.

"A rare gift too!" Tyrian exclaimed, walking to their table. "Salem would have liked you."

"Shut up!" Ruby snapped, moving between him and Weiss. "Leave her alone!"

"Aren't you curious as well?" Tyrian asked, then glanced over her shoulder. "Unless you already know?"

Ruby hesitantly followed his gaze right before he leapt out the way of a bullet, which tore apart where he'd just been standing.

Weiss screamed, despite Ruby protecting her.

"Aw... We were only talking." Tyrian grinned, pretending to be sad. "Take off the hood."

A woman walked in, wearing a black dress and cloak, a black and gold rifle/axe pointed at him, most of it hidden under her cloak.

"Leave." she ordered, voice muffled.

"Take off the hood." Tyrian repeated, drawing his own weapons; two wrist mount blades. "And you friend doesn't have to hide."

Ruby and Weiss stared at the woman curiously, Ruby swore there was something familiar about her, and if she was an Atlesian huntress, Weiss didn't recognise her.

"He's my husband." the woman corrected.

Tyrian approached her, rifle following him. "You're only hiding from her," he grinned, nodding to Ruby.

"I'm not hiding from anyone." the woman snapped.

"Then take off the hood." he ordered yet again.

The woman glanced at Ruby and Weiss, then finally pulled the white hood back, revealing a woman who just identical to Ruby, only older.

"M-Mom...?" Ruby asked, stumbling back in shock.

Weiss frowned in confusion. "But your mother's dead!"

"Insensitive." Tyrian tutted, turning back to Weiss.

Weiss glared at him and drew her rapier. "Why can't you just leave?"

Tyrian bowed deeply. "If the lady so wishes." he then jumped out the broken window into the late afternoon.

A/N :- Sorry if Tyrian got a little OOC there, I've never actually written him before and I don't know what he's like when he's not... crazy? Murderous??

Anyways, next chapter shouldn't be too long (I hope...)