Lost

"Ross"

"Ross"

"Wait up."

He heard his name being shouted throughout the park, but he couldn't make himself stop from walking away from all the craziness. His body was on fire, his hands curled into a tight fist until the blood was no longer fully circulating his body. He was walking so fast the bushes leaned from side to side as he speeded away. His steps were so hard and heavy that the outline of his shoes were imprinted on the dewy brown ground.

Every breath he took, was inhaled through his flared nostrils as the scowl on his face deepen. the sweat dripped from his head down the sides of his face, creating a rosy red heated patch on the swells of his cheeks.

"Ross wait! Please." He could hear her heavy breathing come closer as he slowed down, it was an uneven pace of shallow breaths and she sounded tired as she was trying to keep up with him. He didn't know why he did, but he stopped.

He could hear every breath being inhaled deep as she slowed down, reaching Ross. But Ross made no movement to look her, he was still burning with anger. It wasn't her fault either, he had reached his patience with her and everyone. He didn't deserve this shallow treatment from a random 14-year girl with no insight as towards what was going on but he wasn't going to stand for it anymore.

It didn't know exactly why the pleading to halt from laura's voice made him stop from his escape. Perhaps it was the long years of friendship and care he still felt for her but he was sure, that it wasn't going to be enough to hold him from barking his anger out on her.

"What. Laura." he spit with full venom in his voice, his shoulders were tensed up, hands still balled up ready to punch someone. Laura knew that Ross could hand many things but there were times where he couldn't control his anger and it could turn ugly. Her heart broken feeling the rigidity of his voice cut right through her, it was the voice he used with everyone he hurt.

She took a step towards him, fearing that he would run off but before she could take the second step, Ross spoke again.

"Don't. Laura. Leave me alone."

"Ross."

"Leave."
"Just ignore her, we've dealt with fans like her before." Watching as Ross stood still Laura took another step towards him and continued talking.

"Come back inside. And we can-"

"No laura. I'm done."

"Ross, we need to do this, we're still a part of disney. It's just one more day before the contract is done. And we won't have to hide anymore.It will be over."

"No it won't and you know it." He was still breathing hard but he voice wasn't as hard and cold.

"Yes they promised."

"People lie laura. Don't be so naive." Laura knew that Ross was close to shutting her out like he always did to people when he felt angry.

"I'm just saying that-"

"NO LAURA. JUST STOP IT OKAY! YOU DAMN WELL, THAT IT ISN'T JUST ANOTHER DAY. THERE'S ALWAYS ANOTHER INTERVIEW, PHOTO SESSION, RADIO SHOW, IT ALWAYS SOMETHING MORE! ANOTHER FAN. ANOTHER WISH." He yelled turning around to look at laura and laura took a step back.

"WHERE THE HELL IS MY HAPPINESS?! WHERE IS THE TIME I GET TO BE ROSS LYNCH. JUST ME. NOT THE MUSICIAN. NOT THE ACTOR. NOT THE DANCER. NOT THE IDOL. NOT THE BROTHER. JUST ME!"

"Answer me Laura! You're always saying something! Now tell me where the fuck does this leave me?!" Laura stood frozen staring wide-eye at the outburst of her best friend. She knew he was stressed and that this fan-incident made it worse but Ross was about to lose it with her.