Lost part 2

He tapped his foot against the carpeted ground, anxiously waiting until he could move from his seat again. His hands were curled in a fist, his nails digging into the palm of his hands breaking layers of soft skin.

He glanced at his sides, watching as everyone eye-ed him weirdly or perhaps they were scared of what he would do. The five fire Marshall's sitting next to him, had tied his hands and strapped him into his seat. He found it quite ridiculous that the flight attendant had electro-shocked him after he had told her to tell the captain to move the plane.

Well technically, he didn't really talk to her, it was more of a demand and screaming match that Ross actually did. But I mean, Come on, flying a plane isn't that hard! He would have taken his own, had he not lost it and all his possessions six Months ago.

Ross dreaded to think about the most painful day of his life. There wasn't a day that he didn't remember what he had done and said to Laura in the park. The guilt ate him alive everyday he thought about her, and it was hard to not think about her. He couldn't avoid it if he tried.

The hurt and devastated look on her face was one that had even tattooed into his memory. Her sorrowful cries echoed inside his head every time he closed his eyes. The sad look on her face and the sound of her palm colliding with his face was one he could never forget.

He was hurt at her betrayal of staying behind among the people who caused him pain at first. What hurt the most for Ross was that he lost the most important and valuable thing in his life. His friendship with Laura.

That sordid memory haunted his mind at every hour, every minute that went by. It felt like a pile of rocks sitting on his chest with every step he took away from her, his body was slowly losing feeling as his heart was shattering into pieces.

Ross knew that this was the most difficult thing he had ever done, but it was what he wanted. It was what he believed what was right. He devoted his life into making people happy and pleased them in giving them what they wanted. But every time the act of giving was over, not even a single thank you escaped their mouth. Instead people were more demanding more hostile towards him, they took every ounce of energy he had and smashed it until Ross had enough.

Every rumor, every hate tweet or mail, every insult only shred him to pieces. They were taking away his ability to feel happy or smile at the world because everything he did, he was judged at. Good or bad people always had something to say and never not once did people ever consider his feelings and asked how he was doing. It was always about them and what they wanted. No one understood, the numbness and black hole that was being created inside of Ross as he rose to fame. No one noticed. No one cared.

Except Laura.

She knew his deepest fears, his darkest secrets, his worries, and even though, Laura had it far more worse than Ross ever did. She'd smile. Every day, she laughed like there was no tomorrow at the corniest things. She was filled with life and happiness and every waking moment, Ross felt more alive and happy with her. Laura was perfect. She was everything Ross ever wanted but he failed to realize that before.

A week after leaving her behind in a tear state, Ross lost everything. He drowned himself in weights and weights of liquor, he'd take anything to make the voices in his head stop, the images to quit playing on repeat in his head. But nothing ever got rid of the pain and agony he felt his heart. His soul was empty, as he carried a heavy broken heart inside his rib cage. His girlfriend cheated on him and stole his money within two days of leaving L.A.

It was in that moment that Ross realized the immensity of his mistake. It was not that he couldn't handle the fans or that he didn't notice the fact that he really didn't love his girlfriend. The mistake was not even walking out on Laura and telling her all those hurtful things. The actual mistake and perhaps, the biggest one of all, was that he didn't tell her how much he loved her and what she meant to him.