What the heart wants

Reccomended to hear selena gomez the heart wants what it wants song for this.

Laura Pov

I knew it was dangerous the minute we met, I knew that I would ended up heartbroken since the first date. Everyone said it, everyone warned me to stay away from him. They said he was bad news a stickler for trouble but I refused to believe it. He was so charming, so sweet that I was blinded by love. I deeply wished for a happy ending; something like out of a fairy tale. He always knew how to make it seem like one. He knew how to get under my skin, so deeply penetrated onto my heart that not even with the help of surgery could they remove him from my heart. Nor did I want for him to leave either.

I was completely and utterly lovesick; I could have easily drank the cure to get rid of him but much rather enjoyed being poisoned by his love.

It was a love that drove me to deepest parts of insanity and rage. I shed a millions tears many nights, alone in a cold bedroom tangled up in the sheets waiting for him to arrive so that he could hold me, hug me, caress me with his touch, so that he could fill me up with his venomous love sealing it with just one kiss. One kiss is all took for me go crazy, crazy in love for him.

It was a bad love, unhealthy even. Every single part of me told me to stay away, to turn back and leave, but I didn’t. Instead I stayed; watching him trail his eyes up and down her body, hungrily. It broke my heart into pieces - maybe that’s when I should have left and moved on, find someone who did respect me and give me my place but I didn’t. Instead, that night I let my body respond to his touch as he erased all those jealous feelings and doubts of leaving him when he latched his lips on mine, leaving no room for air and hands firmly holding my waist securely, never letting me go.

All it ever took were three easy words to leave his godforsaken lips to remind me why I stayed. Even when he was yelling and screaming out of anger, out of frustration with blazing color of red sitting on cheeks, his veins furiously strained against his skin making it look like it was about to explode and his eyes completely dark like the night making it seemed like he had no soul it was all because we had no money left, it scared me shitless. And yet, the simple phrase “I love you” quickly diminished my barrier of protection into believing his lies. I never did doubt his love of me, everyone always talked about who he was and who he posed to be but I knew who he was REALLY.  Didn’t I?

Perhaps that was my first mistake, in solemnly believing that he could change, that he wasn’t this monster everyone painted him to be. I wanted him to be a sweetheart, a romantic lover, a good guy because that’s what my heart told me he was. All because his occasionally “I’m sorry” or “Please forgive me” melted my heart and amended the broken pieces scattered, this damn love pinned to heart so closely that it cluttered my use of reason.

I refused to leave him because he wiped my tears after all the screaming matches were over, because he brought me flowers after he stood me up for our special night together to go out with his friends, because he showed me that he loved me, by making love for countless hours wrapping the sheets around our sweaty bodies bring us as close as possible in hope of forgiveness after he made out with that slut at his brother’s party.

All I ever I did was listen to my heart and maybe that’s where I went wrong; I let myself fall for his charm the amazing smile, gorgeous deep brown eyes, addicting poisonous lips, intoxicating scent. Everything about him hurt me deeply but that only made me want him, crave his presence near me and on me; I needed him to breathe, to live, to survive another day.

Addicted to pain, often swearing him off my skin, ripping him apart from me, erasing him from my mind, there was a million reasons to forget him and bury him deep away from my thoughts but I couldn’t bare to see him go. I guess ‘the heart wants what the heart wants’.

COMMENT/VOTE

quickist one shot so far, done in an hour. Leave your thoughts please.

Later!