Chapter 7

3rd Person Pov

After her birthday banquet was cut short, no one paid her any attention. Save for Eclise. He stuck to her side like glue to make sure she was alright.

He snuck in food for her and made sure she wasn't locking herself in her room.

The Duke asked him to be Yvonne's personal knight as she had just returned and he wanted someone trustworthy to escort her.

Eclise was not at all happy.

He outright refused.

He said that everyone wanted to be Yvonne's knight, while no one wanted Lady Penelope.

If he left Lady Penelope for Yvonne then wouldn't his lady feel lonely?

The Duke tried to talk him into thinking it over but Eclise remained adamant. 

A banquet was held to celebrate the Real Lady's return.

No maids came to dress her up despite her receiving an invitation.

Penelope wore a dark blue dress that did not stand out and mostly kept to herself.

The banquet was grander than her Coming of Age Ceremony.

Everything about the banquet screamed rich and that the main character of the event was very important.

The Crown Prince himself attended and asked the Real Lady for a dance while making snide remarks about how she was a lot better than a Chimpanzee.

Everyone laughed heartily at that. Save for Eclise, of course. 

He clenched his fists and wanted to attack immediately but decided against it.

He heard a sigh and turned to look at his Lady.

"Let us take our leave now, Eclise. It seems that we're unwanted here." - Penelope

He held out his hand and just as he was about to escort her to her chambers, a loud series of coughs interrupted them.

They spun around and were met with the sight of Yvonne coughing up blood.

Penelope's face paled and Eclise noticed.

'It seems she noticed.....' - Eclise

Everyone turned to look at them.

'That she will be the one blamed for this.' - Eclise

He stood in front of her protectively.

Callisto's furious red eyes glared at them.

"The Eckhart's Crazy Mad Dog! You did this didn't you?!" - Callisto

"No! I didn't do it!" - Penelope

He marched towards her before swinging his sword.

Eclise held up his hand and blocked the blow.

His hand bled from the deep cut.

The Crown Prince smirked.

"Move away, slave." - Callisto

Despite being mocked and injured, Eclise managed to wear a poker face, further angering the red eyed male.

"The Lady did not do it. She was with me the entire time. Why do you suspect My Lady, anyway? It could be.... Lady Yvonne's maid. Or it could be anyone's plan to frame My Lady." - Eclise

Behind him, Penelope anxiously watched the scene unfold.

Callisto narrowed his eyes with a mad grin painted on his face.