Chapter 14

"What the hell..." The man spoke harshly.

"This is the first time I have seen a demon be able to kill another demon." He smirked. "So your Blood Demon Art is Fire, huh? Go ahead, demon. Burn me. I could use some new scars. They will be my trophy of victory against you." He taunted, twirling his katana in his hand.

"I-I think you are mistaken. I'm not a demon." Penelope defended, placing her hands in front of her and stepping back.

"Oh yeah? Then how do you explain the fire huh?" He scoffed angrily. "Liar. All you demons do is lie. Just like that Forehead Boy and his Bamboo-Muzzled Sister."

"Forehead Boy? Bamboo-Muzzled? Do you by any chance mean Tanjiro and Nezuko?" Penelope questioned.

"So you are with them huh?!" He roared.

Penelope gulped. "Do you know Giyuu.....?" She hoped for a positive response.

"So he's protecting another Demon girl....!" He seethed in rage.

"No! Listen, listen, okay?!" She tried to reason. "I am a wizard. I was born one but I didn't know that until a few days ago. Thats why I am able to perform these! But I have little control over my powers. Can you just help me out and let me meet with Giyuu?" She rambled.

"Do you take me for a fool? Wizards are folktales!" He mocked.

"So are demons!" She retorted.

That shut him up. Until it didn't.

"I am going to kill you!" 

"Listen here you bastard!" Penelope yelled. "I am having a very sh***y day okay?! So just tell me where Giyuu is and we'll be on our merry way!"

Her words fell on deaf ears as the slayer was preparing to strike.

But before he could do so, Penelope used both her hands to bring out strong roots from the ground and wrapping them around his legs.

She dashed for the Wisteria House, hoping that the roots would buy her enough time.

She looked back occasionally to see that he made no effort to break free. Instead, he kept staring at her. 

She subdued her curiosity and ran into the Wisteria Field, no longer looking back.

The Demon Slayer finally used his katana to cut the roots and free himself.

So she really was hunan.

Demons are not able to enter the Wisteria Field as the Wisteria trees are poisonous to them.

He slowly made his way up the hill, hoping to help her after causing her unnecessary trouble.

But that did not mean that he trusted her. No human could create fire or cause roots to grow at will.

"Wizards, huh.....? I'm watching you."

.

.

.

Once she reached the gates of the Wisteria House, she saw an old lady welcoming her.

"You must be Penelope. Urokodaki Sakonji informed us of your arrival. Come inside, child." She said.

Penelope curtsied. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, madam."

"Oho! What a polite child! Come inside, I'll get you some soup! I hope your journey was not too troubling." She said, completely hooked by Penelope's manners.

Penelope followed the lady inside, who showed her to her room. 

"Madam, are there any other residents here at the time?" She asked.