Chapter 2

"I'll do it" the words are still to be digested by you. Kim Taehyung offered his help. Not even in an apocalypse he'd agree to help anyone.

"Excuse me" you asked, tilting your head and not understanding his ulterior motives behind the generosity.

"I said I'll do it. I'll help you with your problem" he repeated as if you hadn't heard him right the first time. You did. What you found difficult to understand was why?

"Why?" You automatically asked, still not believing his words. 

"Because I heard everything accidentally. You need help" he stopped. There was something he wasn't telling you behind his sudden offer because Kim Taehyung will never offer anything where he wasn't getting something out of it. 

"And what's in it for you?" You questioned, waiting for him to complete his sentence.

"Why do you think there is?" He asked back. 

"Well, I for a fact know that you will never do anything without weighing the pros and cons of the deal. I'm just analysing what's the gain here" you said with a scrunched brow. 

"I can be generous sometimes," That brought a light snort out of you. He shrugged smugly and waited for you to agree to the deal. There was definitely something he wasn't telling you.

"Well, do you need my help or..?" He gestured to turn back when you didn't answer for a while.

"Stop.. wait! Wait" you said a little louder. He stopped in his steps and turned to look at you with a sly grin as if he's mastered the trick to tame you somehow.

You closed your eyes for a second. You know you're in need here, desperation has already topped the charts for your case. Taking two deep breaths and then reopened them. "What's the catch?" You asked, knowing his nature fully.

"Nothing big. I'll tell you eventually" he said. You were very desperate because you didn't want to disappoint your grandmother. She was very happy to find out about your partner and the smile was worth anything in the world. 

Rosie wasn't being any help. The only straw of solace you saw in the vast killing sea of dread was the man in front of you, offering a helping hand. 

"Tell me now so we can negotiate" you took one last chance. You were going to agree eventually but you need to test the water one last time as well.

"Should we sit down for this? It might take a few more minutes than I thought" he offered. Lunch break was going to start in a few minutes. 19 minutes to be exact and you didn't want these kinds of things to be discussed openly for anyone to hear. 

"In my office" you started walking. He smirked and followed you behind. 

"Close the door behind you please" you politely asked him. He closed it and walked over to your table to sit down.

"First, eavesdropping could get you in trouble around here" you said to him in a serious tone. You weren't strict with your employees but that didn't mean they could cross the boundaries fearlessly. 

Taehyung nodded "I wasn't purposefully eavesdropping. I wanted your signature on a document and while you were bawling out everything to Rosie, I happened to hear it. It wasn't intentional I promise" he clarified and gave a straight face. 

The best introduction to Taehyung's character someone can give was that he was a quiet, hard working and introverted kind of guy. He never spoke, if not necessary. The last few minutes had the most words he ever spoke to you or anyone combined.

 He doesn't function according to others. He had his rules when he joined and that was to never interfere in his work. 

He was brilliant in what he did. He had a keen knowledge of scents and how to manipulate them. You had a win-win preposition in front of you so you believed a little off the book character won't be a hurdle in the future.