Chapter 7

Circumstances….
They often lead you to do great things which would either take you to a new height of success or to a new low of shame.

Circumstances, when in your favor would make everything flow like a smooth running river but when against you, will make your life as aroused as the ocean on a thunderous night.

That's what your circumstances have led you towards. A monsterous thunderstorm amidst your peacefully running ocean of lies.

"What are you doing here?" You asked as she barged into the hall. Many of the employee's eyes fixed on the scene because who doesn't love drama?

"Can't I come here to surprise my granddaughter and her boyfriend?" The words, as soon as left your grandma's lips, stunned half of the staff members standing in the main hall.

You closed your eyes. Oh shit! Everyone gasped and then a second later, murmurs started reaching your ears. Words that you never imagined you'd hear your people saying.

"Will you keep it down?" You scolded your grandma before grabbing her hand and pulling her to your room. She didn't budge.

"No. Where is Taehyung? He promised to take me out tonight" your grandma started looking around. And the whispers increased. Now surrounding Taehyung's name as well. "Will you call him or keep standing there like a statue?" Your grandma asked a girl who had her coffee mug halfway to her lips when he received an unannounced command.

She nodded, mindlessly and looked between you and her. You are ashamed now. First, your secret was out in front of everyone and now they're looking at you suspiciously. And second, Taehyung is getting dragged in all of this. He very specifically asked you to keep this a secret. He would not be very happy about this turn of events.

Speaking of him, he came marching out from the elevator. With a file in his hands and glasses on his nose. Everyone sucked in another breath, anticipating the drama that was about to unfold in front of them.

"Taehyung! You're here" he heard your grandmother addressing him. To say he was shocked would be miscalculating the feeling he had at that moment. He was stunned beyond belief. His breath definitely left his lungs when his eyes landed on the little woman standing in the middle of the hallway.

He looked at you, hoping you'd explain what the hell was going on but you only looked down at your feet, clearly embarrassed and sorry.

"What are you doing here grandma?" Taehyung came to her and asked. He was still too shunned to register that many people were around him.

"You said you'd take me out today. I couldn't wait so I thought of surprising you both here but she wouldn't let me see you" she glared at you. Your ears were turning red. Never in the couple of years you've spent building this company and bonding over with the employees you've felt like this. This level of embarrassment.

"Let's go in my office, please" you begged her once again and then looked at Taehyung, silently urging him to take the old woman inside "Please!"

"We should head inside the office, grandma. We wouldn't want to disturb all these people now, would we?" He sternly said, directed to every person standing and watching as if a daily soap was unfolding in front of them.

"Please get back to work everyone. I'm sorry for the inconveniences" you dismissed the employees and pulled the woman inside. Taehyung followed after you two but definitely knew he would be hearing no end to the rumors for the next few days or weeks.

Inside the office, your grandma looked around, taking in the simple aesthetics you've going on. You were a simple person. No fancy chandelier or expensive but ridiculous looking showpieces was your choice. "Your office is not what I see in those dramas. Where's all that shiny stuff?" She looked at the only centerpiece you've kept in your office that is a beautifully carved vase with almost real looking roses.